Who runs a business and how's trade?

I run my own small business and so does my Mrs and both our businesses are booming,never had it so good financially,long may it continue! I’m turning down work and picking and choosing what jobs we take on and my prices are non negotiable
What line of businesses?
I run my own small business and so does my Mrs and both our businesses are booming,never had it so good financially,long may it continue! I’m turning down work and picking and choosing what jobs we take on and my prices are non negotiable

I’m in the building/property game mate
Mrs runs a therapy and treatment centre
Passed on my small Courier business (business to business) to my mate who worked with me, still do his admin and accounts as he can’t be arsed. However turnover has dropped from an average of 7k a month to around half that, he’s lost three customers but none his fault so it’s just about paying him a wage but it’s a good job I wasn’t trying to pay us both out of that.

From your user name I guess you know of Pike Fold Golf, we go there every year for the golf and beer festival but it wasn’t on this year, one of my favourite days.

Ha, same here mate.
I finished a big job in April and then packed it in until next month or Oct.
I did the same thing last summer except by this time last year I was ready to go back.
Not this year. One more push (probably until May or June) and I'm chucking my hammer in the lake and throwing away all my grubby old t shirts.
Lazy f***ing immigrants!!!!

I was running a travel agency before pandemic, of course it didn't survive all those restrictions.
Going to start everything from zero again. Hope for the best

Good luck to you. We are just starting a new venture from scratch, just a little sideline a couple of nights a week to start with, hopefully we can grow it so know exactly where you are coming from. Initial response has been good so we'll just have to see what happens when we open the doors.

Crazy thing after looking round at what other people are charging for what we a doing (the nearest one is a 45 min drive each way) and comparing to what our friends in England our charging, we are still cheaper here and 3x the rate in England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.