Who said City couldnt play?

BOMBER7967 said:
I remember Ian Niven (former City director for the young uns) singing this pissed out of his mind in the pub when he had the Royal Scot in Marple Bridge! Quality

Malcolm Alison used to go in that pub..my dad used to talk to him

We have always had a history,that is what makes me laugh about the brain dead footballers and so called experts who spout this shite,like Torres.If they came out and said we don't have a great history of winning trophies,fair comment,but a history.....yes we do!

paulchapo said:
We have always had a history,that is what makes me laugh about the brain dead footballers and so called experts who spout this shite,like Torres.If they came out and said we don't have a great history of winning trophies,fair comment,but a history.....yes we do!

I've said this before: our club has as interesting a history as any club in the game and I wouldn't swap it for anything.

Let's try and remember that in the years ahead and not equate history with trophies.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
paulchapo said:

I've said this before: our club has as interesting a history as any club in the game and I wouldn't swap it for anything.

Let's try and remember that in the years ahead and not equate history with trophies.

Ditto!

Gary James said:
johnny crossan said:
any footage from 1937 around Gary?

I've not identified anything with the League title/trophy - there's film of City playing Germany (yes, the national side) in the Berlin Olmpic Stadium (1st English club to play there). It was, obviously, a highly political game.

Film shows City's Peter Doherty scoring, but at the moment it cannot be viewed online (I have seen it in the past).

I do know that the 1904 FA Cup final was filmed - including the goal - and it was shown in Manchester within days of the final. But so far surviving footage has not been found - I would love to find it!

A version of the Germany V MCFC game in 1937 can be viewed at British Movietone. You need to create an account, but once you have here's the footage - well worth seeing: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.movietone.com/N_POPUP_Player.cfm?action=playVideo&assetno=92476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.movietone.com/N_POPUP_Player ... etno=92476</a>

0329.gif

Forzacitizens said:
BOMBER7967 said:
I remember Ian Niven (former City director for the young uns) singing this pissed out of his mind in the pub when he had the Royal Scot in Marple Bridge! Quality

Malcolm Alison used to go in that pub..my dad used to talk to him

Yeah, The Scot was a shrine to City but to Allison in particular (he used to live just off Winnington Road), Niven thought he was the best thing that ever happened to City!

This was the 60s song i used to hear, same tune!

Who said city couldn't play, city couldn't play, city couldn't play,
Who said city couldn't play, city couldn't play football.
Bell passed to Lee, & Lee knocked it back,
Bell did a flying kick and knocked stepney flat.
Who said city couldn't play, city couldn't play football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.