Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

Tommy Booth.was a header when City beat Spurs 5-0 in May 77.Was reminded of this when i saw a framed shirt of Tommy's in the city center on Saturday Afternoon.

EastStandAndy said:
Robbie Fowler vs Fulham 2004/2005 at home first game of the season.

It ended up 1-1

This was the first City goal i saw live but it was my 3rd City game, so i had to wait for it.

Wasn't this the one he hooked in with his back to goal? It was a really tidy finish but can't find it anywhere on youtube.

Would've been either David White or Niall Quinn in a 2-1 win over Norwich at Carrow Road in 1991 - I don't remember it though - I was four at the time!

BL2blue said:
First goal I saw live was Colin Bell against Ipswich in 75.

That was my first game too.

Diving header from a Tueart corner and a near post Doyle flick. Etched in my mind for eternity!

The game was the Second leg of the 1970 European Cup Winners' Cup semi-final against Schalke 04.April 15th 1970 Don't think I saw to much of the game I was 10 year old and stood in the Kippax straining to see. Mike Doyle scored the goal. I was hooked forever
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL_eO5rlpo&feature=player_detailpage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL_eO5r ... detailpage</a>

Not sure if it was my 1st but it stands out as it was maybe cause it was a derby and I was in the north stand with my uncle so I watched with astonishment as the ball floated over Alex Stepneys head, think it was 1975 and the scorer was Jimmy Nicoll !!!!!! still makes me chuckle , 36 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Ric said:
Clive Wilson, the only goal in a 1-0 win against Liverpool on 26 December, 1985.
my first game too, freezin, not used to standing up, my uncle had a hip flask of whisky which helped...!

Imre Banana away vs West Brom 86-87 season, it was cold, midweek, sat in the away end as City end was full, my dad said to me if we score keep it down, we scored and half our section was on the pitch celebrating with the players!!! One solitary banana in the away end, and within a year we all had one!!! BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.