Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

Mr Partridge said:
Mike Sheron(I think). 3-1 defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday 93/94.

Same as me. Niall Quinn, my hero as a kid got stretchered off in that game... I remember all the ''Swales Out'' protests afterwards as well, it was an interesting first match thats for sure!

I don't know the first goal i saw live but the one i can still remember as though it were yesterday was kinkladze against villa in '95. playing a 1-2 with quinn. i would have been about 6 years old at the time

Mark Ward pen against Aston Villa Sep 1990. City won 2-1, David Platt got a pen for Villa and Paul lake got injury that fucked him up

-- Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 pm --

Neil Pointon got 2nd goal after a 1-2 with Quinn, i remember when Quinn saved a pen from Dean saunders after Tony Cotton got sent off

tomf23 said:
I don't know the first goal i saw live but the one i can still remember as though it were yesterday was kinkladze against villa in '95. playing a 1-2 with quinn. i would have been about 6 years old at the time

That was a great goal. We beat Villa 1-0 that day (and played really well) and I think it might have been our first win of that season.

First goal I saw live was Colin Bell against Ipswich in 75.

BL2blue said:
tomf23 said:

That was a great goal. We beat Villa 1-0 that day (and played really well) and I think it might have been our first win of that season.

First win of that ill fated 95-96 season was 1-0 home to Bolton, scored by Nicky Summerbee I think mate.

Blue Lloyd said:
BL2blue said:
tomf23 said:

First win of that ill fated 95-96 season was 1-0 home to Bolton, scored by Nicky Summerbee I think mate.

You're right. I knew it was a 1-0 home win that broke the duck and my aged brain had the Villa game as the one.

It's all coming back now, we were bottom without a win and Bolton were the next team above us in the table when we beat them.

mike channon.

vs leeds 1977

I would not have known, had I not looked it up.

My memory says we won 2-0, the record book say we lost 3-2.
I prefer my memory

Uwe Rosler against Oldham in 1997/8 I think may have been the season before.

I remember he scored and ran all the way round the other side of the barrier and got booked for it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.