Who the f... are man united

It's a hard one.

Look around other sports and you'll see it can go either way. Boston Celtics are the most successful team in NBA history and would probably be one of the most recognisable US sports team globally (basketball is the world's second sport behind football), yet they've only won one NBA title since 1986. Their stature hasn't diminshed a jot in that time though.

So the fat f**k was right, we might as well be Celtic.

It's a hard one.

Look around other sports and you'll see it can go either way. Boston Celtics are the most successful team in NBA history and would probably be one of the most recognisable US sports team globally (basketball is the world's second sport behind football), yet they've only won one NBA title since 1986. Their stature hasn't diminshed a jot in that time though.
Never heard of them!!
But then again Basketball is just glorified netball for freak 7 footers with a backboard attached to the be to make it easier to score for our poor American cousins who get bored if noone scores in 30 seconds

[QUOTE="Dave Ewing's Back 'eader, post: 11495375, member:
I gave a pile of City stuff to a grandson of a friend of ours in Yawkshire. He was delighted, and then his Dad bought him a season ticket to Huddersfield![/QUOTE]

First port of call should be NSPCC !

In the main most kids will support who their father supports. To most, how successful a team are will have no bearing on things, they are following a family tradition.

In the main most kids will support who their father supports. To most, how successful a team are will have no bearing on things, they are following a family tradition.

Just on this one, I'll share a little tale about my nephew. As I've mentioned before, I live in the south east, my family is from Manchester and father and grandfather City fans, but we moved down when I was a little boy. Naturally, I became a blue, and would go and watch City fairly often when visiting the extended family as we did. And as an adult, I still do go, so my father's expressed view that since he'd put up with City all those years he didn't see why I should get away with it definitely came true.

Now, my nephew's father is a southern Liverpool fan. No connection, just the usual bandwagon that made him one. And of course he wanted his son to be a Liverpool fan too. At which point I remember my father pursing his lips and embarking on a guerilla campaign to prevent it. He didn't want young Nathan to be a City fan, that would be no different, but he did want him to grow up supporting a club that he might have at least some vaguely local connection to. In Kent there is a complete absence of strong clubs, and while in a perfect world getting him to be a Gillingham fan would be the aim, it wasn't going to happen. So my father went all out to ensure he became an Arsenal fan. As he put it, it had to be someone successful to drag him away from Liverpool, but as he also said, he wanted at least a chance that Nathan could grow up with a half decent prospect of being able to choose to go and see "his" club as it wasn't the other end of the country.

He succeeded too, much to Nathan's father's fury. I've always admired my Dad for doing all that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.