Who the f*ck are FC Viktoria Plzen!

Re: Who are FC Viktoria Plzeň?

Dangerous on the counter.

Weak against a high line. Watched them play both legs against Zeljo.

They have a solid team but just sold their best player to Freiburg - Darida. Last year they knocked out Napoli from the EL, though but still we should get 6 points from the two games against them.

However, Plzen is most known of their beer which is one of the very best in Europe, the Pilsner. :)

franksinatra said:
Jumanji said:
Idk who are they are but all I know is the beer and women are both good and cheap.

Actually Czech is a deeply religious country and the women are anything but cheap. However like every country they have a trade in prostitution.
Cheap is relative. ;-)

I found those fit blonde Czechs in Prague to be quite affordable.

Sounds just up my street this one - LIterally just up my street LOL

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Dangerous on the counter.

Weak against a high line. Watched them play both legs against Zeljo.
I would not read into the Zeljeznicar game too much. Plzen were clearly not yet ready before the new season and it seemed as if every Zeljo shot somehow turned into a goal. Viktoria controlled and won the away game when down to ten men, too.

Not letting them have the ball, quickly getting it back but not rushing needlessly forward is the way to go for a team to beat Plzen. They will sit back as coach Vrba sometimes gets inexplicably too careful but against a team of City's calibre they cannot hold.

Pppppppppp said:
As far as football is concerned, Plzen play a compact 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1 if you are into that sort of thing, usually relying on quick wing play. And although Viktoria have surprised a big name or two in their two seasons in UEFA competitions, City really ought to aim for six points in this tie.

It is true that Plzen can play some neat football, but when facing a clear favorite they prefer to keep it tight and careful, perhaps a bit too much as the results are mixed at best. I could see Viktoria getting respectable results against a top half of the table English team, but not a top 4 outfit. The gap between them and City is just too big.

Others have pointed out elsewhere that Plzen have sold a key player in Darida but a capable replacement has been found in Horava, both players being rather similar, very active central midfielders with an eye for goal, most often playing in the midfield duo with Kolar in front of them playing off the striker.

38-year-old and seemingly always overweight playmaker Horvath was not at his best last season but he shed some pounds and is once again the heart of the team. Not particularly mobile, he makes up for it with a great range of passing and set pieces. Does not have a great record against the stronger teams Plzen have faced in Europe, he prefers having the ball and dictating the play rather than having to chase it or defend all the time.

The wingers also deserve a mention, Kovarik on the left likes to cross and I seem to recall he holds the assist record from last season of the Czech league, while Petrzela or Rajtoral on the right like to mix it up with runs into the box. The fullbacks also like to join the attack but against a stronger opponent or when holding a result they will play more carefully.

The defence is not particularly outstanding, Plzen can defend fairly well as a whole but individually the central defenders are sometimes prone to mistakes. When defending a lead or a man down the whole team will keep it compact near the box and wait to spring a quick counter, but it is hardly an impenetrable fortress and a team of City's calibre shouldn't have much trouble breaking it down.

Which is what goes not only for Viktoria's defence but the tie as a whole really. A solid home win for City with Plzen perhaps getting the odd chance or two or three, and a small possibility of Viktoria getting a lucky point in Plzen sounds likely.
Thanks for the briefing, mate.

Im looking at flights now, so fly into Prague then what? coach out of the main town to their stadium or?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.