Who thinks Hughes will get us into top 4?

Yes within 2 seasons people keep using the word progress well WE HAVE!! 14th & 15th before Frank then ADUG Midtable two seasons running since. People do ignore the fact the entire structure at the club has changed 3 times in 2 seasons with each takeover new people come in.

as was posted on another thread once teams figured us out last season we where awful and had it not been for such a good start we would have been down the bottom half again we look in a stronger position this end of season than last our recent run has shown the signs the corner may well have been turned with the odd typical City wobble thrown in for good measure. But it does take time to create the right feeling within the squad too often we signed players in the past who thought "it's fine its man city ok is acceptable" Elano has been a classic example of this and when he didn't get his own way he sulked then realised it was getting him nowhere.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Yes within 2 seasons people keep using the word progress well WE HAVE!! 14th & 15th before Frank then ADUG Midtable two seasons running since. People do ignore the fact the entire structure at the club has changed 3 times in 2 seasons with each takeover new people come in.

as was posted on another thread once teams figured us out last season we where awful and had it not been for such a good start we would have been down the bottom half again we look in a stronger position this end of season than last our recent run has shown the signs the corner may well have been turned with the odd typical City wobble thrown in for good measure. But it does take time to create the right feeling within the squad too often we signed players in the past who thought "it's fine its man city ok is acceptable" Elano has been a classic example of this and when he didn't get his own way he sulked then realised it was getting him nowhere.

You're on about cheshire blue thread ?. I did spend 2 hours typing out a reply to that disproving that myth, but i dropped my keyboard and lost all the work i did and i couldn't be arsed doing it again. What the hell i'll give you the basic gist of it.

The reason we fell away so badly in the second half of the season was because the squad was so small and it ran itself into the ground. I'm not retyping it all out again but it works out we had 17 first team players that would get anywhere near the pitch.

Which isn't even enough to field a first team this year and take the full allocation of 7 men on the subs bench. And that 17 includes Didi that had ran himself into the ground by Christmas. Johnson that played half the season with Hernia and broke down after Christmas. And Ned that suffered from injuries throughout the entire season.

None of that takes into account that mad frank was so skint he couldn't pay the players wages after Christmas. And if it wasn't for Wardle stepping in, in the final quarter of the season and paying the players wages they would of gone on strike.

Also for Cheshire blue to compare us to Hull is fucking insulting as far as im concerned. And just goes to show me how little the guy knows about football, and just can not comprehend the bigger picture.

If we don't get UEFA then I reckon we might surprise everyone and get top 4 next season, with Hughes as manager.

I think with the resourses we have it would take someone piss poor not to at least threaten top 4 within 2/3 years. Will he get that long? Thats for another thread.

r.soleofsalford said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
No, that being said since I started watching the club in 1979 I don't think other than Kendall we have had any manager that could get us into the top 4
Peter Reid almost did and then got the boot. I've always wondered what would have become of us had we stuck with Reid.
Reid took over Kendall's side, but I agree that was, perhaps our biggest mistake manager wise. That being said the club's record when it comes to firing mangers is nothing short of amazing, you have to go back to Ron Saunders for one that one anything after leaving city! We might suck at hiring, but generally we are pretty much on the money about letting them go.

We`ve been through a lot of manager because, we either couldnt afford the best, or couldnt buy the players, At end of the day the financial position the club has been in is the reason for both problems. what a surprise.

How times change, every morning, i have to pinch myself, i still cannot believe my club are now the richest club in the world, envied by every other football club worldwide not for what we are, but for what we have the chance to become.

This is only the start of our voyage, long live H.M.S. A.D.U.G. and all who sail in her.

is it me, because it seems not many are enjoying the ride ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.