Who thinks Hughes will get us into top 4?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg</a>

IMO, looks like the Top 4 is shrinking to the Top 3 - fourth place Arsenal haven't won any silverware for four years, and their fans are not happy. Making up the numbers in the Champions League is where they're at right now. Is that what City aspire to - making up the numbers but winning nothing ?

As much as I dislike the manager at OT, his interviews are all about 'winning the match' NOT 'let's hope we get something out of it' and all that shit.

Given time then maybe. He'll have to completely change the side though as not many of our players would get in a top 4 side.

1894 said:
Is that what City aspire to - making up the numbers but winning nothing ?

I wouldn't have thought so.

But finishing top 4 once should really kick us on as a club, players/managers will be more prepared to move. I'd say the PR/marketing side will really push ahead and I would see a top 4 finish as the start of something rather than the ultimate objective for the club.

Soulboy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
rastus said:
It seems to have escaped some posters attention that we are in an unbelievably strong position.

We have made world record transfer bids for world class players our owners want us to be BIG and made our intentions clear.
They will not accept a push for 7/8th spot and rightly so. They have already invested heavilly in 1 season alone and wanting to sign more class players to get us into a top 4 ASAP, they arnt going to play the slowly, slowly catchy monkey game.
We are in a unique position and our owners will ensure we get there, MH or no MH
You've made some unsubstantiated statements there rastus.

After Al-Fahim's wild flights of fancy in Spetember, ADUG were then strongly emphasising it was a long-term project and they realised they needed to be patient. Of course they want progress but it has also been publicly reported that Hughes' agreed target this season was a top ten finish and decent UEFA Cup run. Which he has delivered it would seem.

Next season he will be expected to do better, with a top 6 (preferably 5th place) finish the minimum target.

You have a pop at the poster for his "unsubstantiated" statements... then go on to finish your post off with "Next season he will be expected to do better, with a top 6 (preferably 5th. place) finish the minimum target."

So where is this comment "substantiated"?

When were you party to the meetings with the owners, Cook, Hughes et al where they stated next season a top 6 is the minimum requirement?

If you don't like "unsubstantiated" comments... then don't make some yourself!
Point taken my friend. I should have said "I would imagine that they would expect him to do better..." but I thought I was on solid ground. Even as one who is broadly supportive of Hughes I would expect him to do better next season.

moomba said:
1894 said:
Is that what City aspire to - making up the numbers but winning nothing ?

I wouldn't have thought so.

But finishing top 4 once should really kick us on as a club, players/managers will be more prepared to move. I'd say the PR/marketing side will really push ahead and I would see a top 4 finish as the start of something rather than the ultimate objective for the club.

Fair comment moomba, I can see where you're at...

Being a soccer player has changed so much in recent years - as well as a wife/partner/girlfriend, players have to consider schooling for their kids, relocation, housing, amenities, PLUS having a barrage of agents and associates around them. It's not always easy to make an instant transition from another league in another country.
Too often players need time to adapt -no wonder some of them aren't too keen on exchanging the highlife of Milan for the drizzle of the north west.

Still don't think MH has what it takes to get us up amongst the best.

Im pretty sure MH will never manage any team into a top 4 position...In fact IMO if he was to take over the scum, Barcelona or Inter Milan or any other champions, he would finish out of the top 4 the following season..

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
No, that being said since I started watching the club in 1979 I don't think other than Kendall we have had any manager that could get us into the top 4
Peter Reid almost did and then got the boot. I've always wondered what would have become of us had we stuck with Reid.
Reid took over Kendall's side, but I agree that was, perhaps our biggest mistake manager wise. That being said the club's record when it comes to firing mangers is nothing short of amazing, you have to go back to Ron Saunders for one that one anything after leaving city! We might suck at hiring, but generally we are pretty much on the money about letting them go.

We`ve been through a lot of manager because, we either couldnt afford the best, or couldnt buy the players, At end of the day the financial position the club has been in is the reason for both problems. what a surprise.

How times change, every morning, i have to pinch myself, i still cannot believe my club are now the richest club in the world, envied by every other football club worldwide not for what we are, but for what we have the chance to become.

This is only the start of our voyage, long live H.M.S. A.D.U.G. and all who sail in her.

is it me, because it seems not many are enjoying the ride ?

Hughes in. Two more seasons, a good 4 transfer windows to build an amazing team, and we'll be hitting top 4.

trueblue09 said:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU!!!!???? yes mark hughes could do it with time and money but i can SAFTLEY say that anybody could do iy with time and money.. sven would do it MUCH MUCH faster david moyes even faster mark hughes is NOT the man for the job and all of you saying given time and money can fuck off any of us could do it with time and money and at least we would have the best wishes of the club at heart and not have a FUCKING ****** in charge

%100 AGAINST hughes

I'm not a huhges fan but I would advocate a 10 year contract for him before that twat moyes got anywhere near city! imo he is the most overated manager ever to bore the premiership and has an appauling record where team spirit is concerned
moyes in is the only way I could imagine backing hughes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.