Who thinks Hughes will get us into top 4?

Hughes in. Two more seasons, a good 4 transfer windows to build an amazing team, and we'll be hitting top 4.

I agree it will also depend on whether in Europa Cup or not if not I can see us having a good go next season if we have distraction of Europa he will need a good squad to compete on all fronts and I think that is too soon.

trueblue09 said:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU!!!!???? yes mark hughes could do it with time and money but i can SAFTLEY say that anybody could do iy with time and money.. sven would do it MUCH MUCH faster david moyes even faster mark hughes is NOT the man for the job and all of you saying given time and money can fuck off any of us could do it with time and money and at least we would have the best wishes of the club at heart and not have a FUCKING ****** in charge

%100 AGAINST hughes

Just because you scream and shout mate isn't going to make us go, oh you're right! The point is any manager needs time and then after sufficient time, I would say 2 season IMO, we should reavluate. Unless things obviously are going drastically wrong, which they're not, we need stability at our club!

Let's judge Hughes at the end of next season. Give the man a chance.

bugsyblue said:
The point is any manager needs time

Time will certainly help a manager achieve things, but a good manager should be able to do that straight away. Hodgson hasn't needed time, O'Neill didn't, Moyes didn't, Zola hasn't, Redknapp hasn't, Fat Sam Allardyce hasn't.

And none of them had over £100m to help them on their way.

why are people so impatient.......???????

MH at least deserves the chance and time to give it a go.....if he doesnt do it then fair enough he goes but he only has 2 years left on his contract so why not give him that time........moyes and oneill have had time......ferguson ddint win anything for the first few years at utd did he?????.....how long is it since wenger won anything at arsenal?.....

some fans willl never give him time due to his distant utd connections and that is just sad...........

simon23 said:

MH at least deserves the chance and time to give it a go.....if he doesnt do it then fair enough he goes but he only has 2 years left on his contract so why not give him that time........moyes and oneill have had time......ferguson ddint win anything for the first few years at utd did he?????.....how long is it since wenger won anything at arsenal?.....

some fans willl never give him time due to his distant utd connections and that is just sad...........

Another one so obsessed with the rags that he can't think of another reason why some people think it's better for the club that Hughes is replaced.

It's not impatience, if you think we can do better elsewhere why would you support the status quo?

Hughes has said it would take 6 transfer windows to turn us into a side challenging for honours. Whether he'll be allowed to hang round till it happens is another story. Personally I believe he should be at least given another season. He has shown enough to whet my appetite despite what all the detractors think.

moomba said:
bugsyblue said:
The point is any manager needs time

Time will certainly help a manager achieve things, but a good manager should be able to do that straight away. Hodgson hasn't needed time, O'Neill didn't, Moyes didn't, Zola hasn't, Redknapp hasn't, Fat Sam Allardyce hasn't.

And none of them had over £100m to help them on their way.

Hodgson and Zola are the only ones there that have done well in a short period of time. O'Neill's first season at Villa was dissapointing, Moyes nearly took Everton down twice, Allardyce did take Bolton down but they've all stuck with them and now they're reaping the benefits.

£100m doesn't mean everything. Time is just as valuable. The idea that Mourinho is waiting to take the job in the background doesn't help all this, so I'd just like to say once again that that will not happen.

Dobsy87 said:
Hodgson and Zola are the only ones there that have done well in a short period of time. O'Neill's first season at Villa was dissapointing, Moyes nearly took Everton down twice, Allardyce did take Bolton down but they've all stuck with them and now they're reaping the benefits.

O'Neill took a 16th placed side to 11th in his first season. Moyes saved Everton from relegation in his first few months and took them to 7th in his first full season. He had one bad season in 2003/04 when they came close to relegation (which was their standard position for much of the previous decade). Allardyce took Blackburn from the bottom of the table to safety, without this myth that managers need both time, and an entire squad of their own signings.

£100m doesn't mean everything. Time is just as valuable. The idea that Mourinho is waiting to take the job in the background doesn't help all this, so I'd just like to say once again that that will not happen.

You can say Mourinho won't happen all you like. Neither you or I know whether it will or won't. Maybe you could also ask Boro fans how giving Southgate time has helped them out this season.

simon23 said:

[Action] Shacks head in disbeleif [/Action]

Ferguson didnt have a blanc cheque book and had to rely on his kids, As for Arsenal they've not spent that much and never replaced Vierra and Thiery thats why they've declined as Wenger wants to develop his youth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.