Who was there?

I was in the Platt lane end, and emotion aside it was obvious early on that the great player that had graced so many pitches was no more and in truth we were seeing a player in cameo only.

C_T_I_D said:
I've read Colin Bell's autobiography on numerous occasions and I'm just wondering if anyone was actually present upon his return after injury against Newcastle United and the emotion surrounding the place? I've been told that there has never been a louder applause for a City player by a few around me.

I don't why anyone would want to read it more than once; it's p!ss-poor.

I was there in the Main Stand with my Dad and I've never experienced anything like it since in terms of sporting emotion.

raininspain said:
In the Kippax that day. If you weren't there, it's impossible to describe the wall of noise as the King came out after half time.

I have never ever experienced anything like it in 40-odd years of football.

We used to stand directly opposite the tunnel about a third of the way up so had a good view of the tunnel when City came out for the second half. Could be mistaken but I think that the substitution was being announced as City emerged. Since only one sub was allowed back then it was clear that Nijinski himself would be back.

It's true, grown men were teary-eyed (I was one of them) and as raininspain says, the noise was unbelievable. The King was back. We know it didn't work out in the end out but that Boxing Day at Maine Road was one of the best moments I've ever had in a football ground.

Thank you Martin Buchan
Thank you George Best
Thank you Roy Keane

Career ending b@stards the lot of you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.