Who we really should buy in the summer..

zlaz3r

I dont think we need more then a few solid players both for first 11 but also for cover and different positions.
I'll think all of the players mentioned are not unrealistic in price and availability.

First of i think our main objective should be to sign a quality CB.

1. Vertonghen. Experienced, leadership qualities, can play on LB aswell, could form a good partnership with vinnie for Man City aswell for Belgium.
2. Mangala. His price tag in very steep, but we would get a rough diamond. He is fast, good anticipation, is a bit rash but that can be trained out.
3.Kyriakos Papadopoulos. I rate him highly and he could be the stability we need for now, he would fit the bill for me. (For now)

Next, i think this is controversial, especially as we are severely lacking englishmen but i just don't think Joe Hart is good enough for where we want to be. Not having stability in the back has really cost us so many points and headaches, and at top level small cracks will always show and cost you dearly.

1. Casillas. Nothing needed to add.
2. Courtois. Getting him would probably be better for us then Casillas, as he is younger, but i don't think we would be able to get him unless he had a secret buy-out clause.
3. Valdes. Quality keeper

Bonuses.

With reports about us already getting Bruno zuculini, Fernando from porto could really be a big plus for us. It would remove a lot of concern about either Fernandinho or yaya getting injured.

I rate Isco as highly as Hazard, both worldclass players in the making. Pellegrini already know how to get the best out of him.

FIFA-14-cover-art-2055468.png

There you go bud... enjoy

Not having stability in the back has really cost us so many points and headaches, and at top level small cracks will always show and cost you dearly.
Is that not down to;
1) Kompany missing games through injury.
2) His partner at CB from last year suffering from injuries and so a drop in confidence at a young age.
3) Having to adjust to a new style of play that doesn't give the defence and so the keeper the same amount of protection it used to have?

The way I see it is that Hart is more than capable as a keeper to stay as our number one. Keep Kompany fit and get him a world class partner and we will be back to the usual solid defence that has won the best defence three years in a row and got Hart three golden gloves.

The arrival of Fernando will bolster the midfield, alongside Yaya and Fernandinho we are going to have a dynamic, aggressive and fast midfield to suit the rest of the team.

As for who we should bring in at CB alongside Kompany. There aren't many world class CB's out there and the ones that are have already been snapped up. Mangala could well be the next CB and bringing him for 38m could be seen as a bit of a coup if he goes on and gives us 10+ years of service at the highest level.

I don't rate Vertonghen that highly that he should be a starting CB for us neither Kyriakos.

Goalkeeper We need to go english here for the quota so id look at Forster , Ruddy . or Butland

Defence: Mangala is looking likley , also we could look at Papadopolous or Skrtel, also would take Vidic as 3rd Choice CB.
I think full backs are fine, but we need to look at luke shaw

Midfield: Seems we have Fernando for centre mid. Id also add another midfilder, someone young with potential Jordy Clasie from feynoord maybe or also Ward Prowse from southampton,

Winger : Draxler would be perfect but Andreos Townsend would be great and cover english quota . also we could go younger with potential Max Meyer or Dennis Praet .

Sriker No changes needed.

4 new additons and were sorted

think we can forget about any of the top players at other clubs Hummels Ramos Schweinsteiger Vidal Kroos Etc dont think any of there clubs would sell,

We do not NEED a (first choice) goalkeeper, nor should we be looking for one.

IMO We should be looking at (in order of importance):
CB: A top class centre-back to partner Vinnie: Mangala, Benatia, Hummels, Subotic
CM: A quality midfield on Rodwell/Garcia, possibly a future replacement for Yaya: Pogba, Fernando, Matuidi, Gundongan
RB: A reliable backup to Zabaleta (without injury problems): Clyne, Sagna
LB: Young upgrade on Kolarov or Clichy: Shaw, Moreno, Rodriguez
CM: A second midfield upgrade for Rodwell/Garcia: Zuculini
ST: An upgrade for Dzeko, or a replacement in another position: Reus, Isco, El Shaarawy
GK: An English replacement for Pantilimon: Westwood

Top 2 are a MUST. I'd say that maybe 3/4 would do, 5 would be perfect probably.

kun said:

CB: A top class centre-back to partner Vinnie: Mangala, Benatia, Hummels, Subotic
CM: A quality midfield on Rodwell/Garcia, possibly a future replacement for Yaya: Pogba, Fernando, Matuidi, Gundongan
ST: An upgrade for Dzeko, or a replacement in another position: Reus, Isco, El Shaarawy

Not many will agree with me but I think we should try a season loan swap with Clyne coming in and Richards going out. Would do wonders for Micah and we would see if Clyne has the potential for us.

IN
GK - Valdes (contract expired, only if Panti goes), or maybe English GK
CB - Manggala or Benatia (to be partner with Kompany), and Virgil (quality youngster and bargain), or maybe English CB
RM/LB - hopefully talented English youngster, like Clyne or Shaw
DM/CM - Zuculini (signed), Fernando (contract expired)
AM/FWD - Isco, and promote Guidetti or sign another FWD as Jojo and Aguero gets injured consistently

OUT
GK - Pantilimon (he deserve to play regularly)
CB - Lescott (contract expired), and Demichelis
RB/LB - Micah (loves him, but injury prone and more like a passenger)
DM/CM - Rodwell (another passenger, injury prone), Garcia (only if we sign Fernando)
AM/FWD - Dzeko (will miss him, but he needs to go)

my selection 25 registered players for next season ( premier league rules : can only register 17 non-home grown players aged over 21). current City's team have registered 16 non-home grown players.

GK
1. Hart (home grown 1)
2. another English GK (home grown 2)
3. Wright (home grown 3)

RB
4. Zabaleta
5. Clyne (home grown 4)

CB
6. Kompany
7. Benatia or Manggala
8. Virgil
9. Nastasic

LB
10. Kolarov
11. Clichy (home grown 5)

DM/CM
12. Yaya
13. Fernandinho
14. Zuculini
15. Fernando

AM/AMR/AML
16. Silva
17. Nasri
18. Navas
19. Milner (home grown 6)
20. Isco

FWD/ST
21. Aguero
22. Negredo
23. Jovetic

24. maybe Pogba, perhaps.. understudy for Yaya (home grown 7)
25. promoted Guidetti.. he's still U21 though not need to be registered (home grown 8)

gwt said:
kun said:

Not many will agree with me but I think we should try a season loan swap with Clyne coming in and Richards going out. Would do wonders for Micah and we would see if Clyne has the potential for us.

I'm struggling to see the benefit for Southampton here - why would they be remotely interested in this deal?

We have to be extremely proactive this summer because after such a tough season in terms of fixtures, and a World Cup that a lot of players will be involved in, next season is going to need to need a lot of rotation and therefore a really strong squad. Right back we need cover because Richards is rarely fit or in form. Central midfield again is a place we need to add strength in depth, Rodwell might get a full preseason fitness training and may actually be fit next season consistently but we still need to add quality - particularly in the defensive role. Aguero, Dzeko and Negredo will all be at the World Cup, Jovetic will have a full pre season to address injuries.

We need to bring in a centre back, right back, central midfielder and maybe promote a couple of the younger players as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.