Who we really should buy in the summer..

sam-caddick said:
@BluePhil8 said:
IIf we are losing Richards, Barry and Lescott then I would like us to sign some English talent.

Barkley, Shaw and Lallana must be looked at surely.

Barkley has only had one season in top flight football and still needs a few years to develop as he needs to be playing most weeks, I don't think we can guarantee him that.

Shaw is off to United I reckon as they are the only ones looking to pay the fee and offer him a reported 100k a week

Lallana looks to be Liverpool bound.

Fabregas should be a must in my opinion, quality and homegrown.

I forgot about Fabregas qualifying as homegrown. If this is the case he should be at the top of the list, without question.

The two players who are homegrown and are standout as well as in the list in this forum are

Fabregas
Pogba

I am not so sure about Alex Song. So we could buy those two without infringing anything that UEFA might want to throw at us in respect of sanctions because Pogba is under 21 and would certainly qualify for the B list alongside Nastisic. Fabregas would be part of the 8 homegrown element which again is exempt. That is if we decide to accept the punishment.

adrianr said:
sam-caddick said:
@BluePhil8 said:
IIf we are losing Richards, Barry and Lescott then I would like us to sign some English talent.

Barkley has only had one season in top flight football and still needs a few years to develop as he needs to be playing most weeks, I don't think we can guarantee him that.

Shaw is off to United I reckon as they are the only ones looking to pay the fee and offer him a reported 100k a week

I forgot about Fabregas qualifying as homegrown. If this is the case he should be at the top of the list, without question.

Exactly mate, it just makes sense.

Him and Pogba are probably the best foreign players that could fill out homegrown quota, a quota that needs filling.

Pogba will be too expensive though in my opinion whilst with Fabregas Barca want to sell apparently so a deal could be done at a reasonable price.

Rammyblues said:
The two players who are homegrown and are standout as well as in the list in this forum are

Fabregas
Pogba

I am not so sure about Alex Song. So we could buy those two without infringing anything that UEFA might want to throw at us in respect of sanctions because Pogba is under 21 and would certainly qualify for the B list alongside Nastisic. Fabregas would be part of the 8 homegrown element which again is exempt. That is if we decide to accept the punishment.
He isn't though.

Fabregas would tick a lot of boxes.

At Barcelona Ferran and Txixi would sign one marquee player every year.

Fits home grown slot.

We tried to sign Isco last year so we are in the market for an attacking midfielder.

How much will we have to spend this summer though? £60 mil?

@BluePhil8 said:
Fabregas would tick a lot of boxes.

At Barcelona Ferran and Txixi would sign one marquee player every year.

Fits home grown slot.

We tried to sign Isco last year so we are in the market for an attacking midfielder.

How much will we have to spend this summer though? £60 mil?

Where would he fit in though? He's a world class player, but if we sign fernando then I can't see us signing fabregas. The only possibility is if we get rid of Rodwell and sign him to keep up the hg quota. Only thing is your left with 4 quality central midfielders fighting for 2 spots.

sam-caddick said:
@BluePhil8 said:

If players like Barkley are not ready to be right in our starting 11 then why can't we buy him/them and loan out to other clubs so they can get the experience and fist team football, Barkley can be loaned back to Everton for that matter.

The way UEFA are behaving a couple of lads from Tranmere and Hartlepool ! Will be all the owner is "allowed" to buy with his own money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.