Who we really should buy in the summer..

sam-caddick said:
richards30 said:
sam-caddick said:
Wow, if that happens that would be immense.

I get the feeling that Mangala, Fernando and Sagna will be City players next season.

I can see us going for Moreno with Txiki likely to be scouting the Spanish market but apparently Real Madrid are interested, either way I do think we need an upgrade at left back with someone who is equally good at defending and going forward.

In attack not much needs to be changed in my opinion, the only positon I would look to is a player to rely on when Silva is out and Fabregas fits that position perfectly, having him, Nasri and Silva to rotate with each other would be something else.

Its the plan mate but fabregas will be the toughest. Mangala all agreed, fernando pretty much done and sagna from what ive been told wants to join us. Pellegrini and tixi both want moreno and think he would fit our style perfectly.

Well if we do get those players in I would hope to be challenging for the Champions League let alone the Premier League, the options in our squad would be incredible.

Hart/ GK?
Zabaleta/Sagna
Moreno/Kolarov
Kompany/Demichelis
Mangala/Nastasic
Fernandinho/Fernando
Yaya/Garcia
Silva/Nasri/Fabregas
Milner/Navas
Sergio/Dzeko/Beast/Jovetic[/quote

take out garcia for pogba.

richards30 said:
We want a world class squad sam and not just 11 or 12. Not been told any updates on moreno but mangala, fernando and sagna look certainties.
And Fabregas? What makes you think we want him? Have you heard anything?

sam-caddick said:
richards30 said:
We want a world class squad sam and not just 11 or 12. Not been told any updates on moreno but mangala, fernando and sagna look certainties.

Great news mate.

Is he reliable source like Salfordpaul and MCJRON ?

Alex McCarthy to replace Pantilimon who is out of contract and wants to leave for first team football.

Equilum Mangala to replace Lescott, no need to explain. Possibly Rekik to replace Nastastic depending on this whole 'unknown' injury.

Ashley Cole to replace Kolarov. Personally I think Clichy is the best left back we have although some will disagree I'm sure, however in the big games Clichy's defensive qualities always put him first. Cole could come in to give us another homegrown player and another experienced player alongside very young CB's in Mangala, Nastastic/Rekik while allowing Greg Leigh time to progress.

Fernando or William Carvalho to replace Javi Garcia or Jack Rodwell. Personally I'd give Rodwell another season and let Garcia go, I think he's the better player (when fit), younger and homegrown.

Marco Reus to replace a very ineffective Jesus Navas. He's a player who could win us the Champions League he's that good!

mafro987daboss said:
What about Modric...imagine the ball retention and possession in midfield! Unlikely Madrid will sell for anything less than 40 mill though.

Lol, that's what they paid for him and he was their second best player this season.

Why do people need to post rubbish like this, it's so fucking arrogant. Like Madrid are Portsmouth FC, ffs.

I hold no delusions of being a proper talent scout, so Mangala excites and worries me. I would love Reus, moreno, and depth in central defense and CM. Seems realistic.

Jack Wills said:
Jimfv1 said:
Sounds good to me. Swap Rodwell and cash for Stones and loan him back to Everton. Sell Dzeko and maybe Negredo and buy Berahino, young and homegrown. Just add a keeper for Pantilimon and we're sorted, unless we can buy a young rightback to loan out too. I would like to see us buy some young talent cheap like Chelsea do and loan straight out to decent standard of football league.

Why do people keep saying this? 24 goals, reliable, not a dickhead, fairly injury free. Stop expecting him to be Messi or Falcao, and appreciate his worth to the team. We'd be about 6th without his goals this season. His first touch can look shit at times but he gets important goals. Lots of them.

Yes, the above is true, however although he is a good striker we may be able to do better. It could be a case of being careful of what you wish for, but with our service to the strikers then there is no reason why we can't find someone who is more prolific.
A lot of fans seem to think the manager and players are above criticism but they can improve and it could prove to be a mistake changing one striker for another. It all depends on who's available and with our squad how many non-english players we have in the squad.
Dzeko may be your favourite City stfiker and it could be an option to sell one of the others. I like Dzeko at City but maybe with his contract situation if might be the best time to sell and bring in another striker or an attacking midfielder. We can only have 17 "foreign" players so who do we sell to improve the squad and comply with FFP ?

There is a balancing act to continuosly improving the squad and trying to win all competitions we are in. It could be the ideal time to sell Dzeko this summer to maximise our value from him and bring in an even better player for our team. We sold Tevez and Balotelli last season but have still improved so it is possible we could sell a star striker this summer and move forward again. What some fans fall to realise is the squad has to keep evolving even if only one player is added each window. This is also a reason why Pantilimon will also probably be solx this summer.

-- Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 am --

birchwoodgingerste said:
sam-caddick said:
richards30 said:
Its the plan mate but fabregas will be the toughest. Mangala all agreed, fernando pretty much done and sagna from what ive been told wants to join us. Pellegrini and tixi both want moreno and think he would fit our style perfectly.

Well if we do get those players in I would hope to be challenging for the Champions League let alone the Premier League, the options in our squad would be incredible.

Hart/ GK?
Zabaleta/Sagna
Moreno/Kolarov
Kompany/Demichelis
Mangala/Nastasic
Fernandinho/Fernando
Yaya/Garcia
Silva/Nasri/Fabregas
Milner/Navas
Sergio/Dzeko/Beast/Jovetic[/quote

take out garcia for pogba.

Isn't this too many foreign players in our squad list though ?

Hence maybe sell Kolarov and keep Clichy and Barkley instead of Pogba would mske more sense ?

Agger for me.. Proven premiership player, Liverpool crazy for not starting him. Him and kompany would be solid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.