Who were City's best three and worst three managers ever?

I've gradually seen a few mentions eventually for Howard Kendall. Such a shame what happened with him because we made rapid, rapid progress under him in a very short space of time. Weren't we third in the league when he left?

I know one thing had he stayed a substantial length of time the heartbreaking periods at the end of that decade wouldn't have happened.

Surprised Mancini is so high for so many.

Afterall, 8 weeks ago I couldn't help but read that he was a fake, a phoney and would win nothing with us.

Best in my lifetime: Mancini, Kendall, keegan

Worst: ball, coppell, Pearce

Best:
Mercer
Book
Reid
(Johnny Hart would be third if as already mentioned he had lasted more than 6 months)

Worst:
Allison (second time round)
John Benson (Worst percentage win rate of any City manager - and it was poor)
Ball
(Plus Coppell and Neal)

Since I've been going:

Best:
Royle(Finally dragged us out of the mess that Ball/Clark got us in to)
Horton(For bringing Uwe to the club and for some real memorable matches in my first full season as a blue)
Mancini(For winning the first trophy of my lifetime he has to be in there by default)

Worst:
Ball
Clark
Pearce
Don't think any of them need explaining.

In my lifetime:

Best:
Mancini
Keegan
Royle

Worst:
Ball
Clark
Coppell

Still have a soft spot for Psycho, he didn't get any money to spend.

It staggers me that Pearce is rated so badly.
He had feck all money to spend yet he kept us up - He is (probably) the ONLY city manager EVER to avoid relegation when City were in a relegation place in the last third of the season. For sure the fayre was absolutly dire but if he'd gone for it as many of you wanted we'd have sunk without trace - he had no money because Keegan had spent all the cash on has beens. And just think for a minute: Without the premiership status provided by Pearce no Thaksin (that would be a good thing but..), without Thaksin so Sheikh Mansour...

And there have been far worse managers in a 90's lunchtime (Machin, Coppel, Ball & Clark to name but 4). As to the rest of City history there has been piles of rubbish with Benson and Poyser standing out as total garbage in my lifetime. Alison too. Great coach he may have been but as a manager he was a complete and utter disaster.

Best

Mercer/Allison
Book
Mancini (after 35 years of nothing)

Worst

McNeil
McNeil
and Finally Effing McNeil ( hate that man, or as they said at the time when he went to Celtic, They got him 1/2 price from safeway in Clydebank)

true story....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.