Who were City's best three and worst three managers ever?

Can't understand Keegan getting mentions as one of the best, I'd put pearce above him simply because Pearce worked miracles in keeping that squad up without a pot to piss in which was because of Keegans irresponsible spending on players such as Fowler and Macken.

KK was great for the first season getting us up and played the best football I've seen at City (I'm sure that will be different next season) and his second season was good, but he got found out and eventually saw his own arse and jumped ship.

clowns pockets said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
117 M34 said:
I'm shocked that Sven is getting mentioned in the best managers.
He had a great start and then fell apart after christmas in epic proportions.
Bought a load of crap in the transfer market.

He did beat united twice though so he would escape my bottom 3.

Also a bit harsh to include Parce - it was crap football but we were skint and had a crap team, not too much more he could have done.
Sven is also the responsable for signing JO, psycho was OK he did the best he could with a championship squad
City failed to score at home in the 2nd half of an entire season,that really isn't ok
I wish Pearce would have had money. Then people would have seen just how shit he really was without the excuses that surround him. Even without money you can motivate players but most of Pearce's players had no time for him at all.

Prestwich_Blue said:
clowns pockets said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
Sven is also the responsable for signing JO, psycho was OK he did the best he could with a championship squad
City failed to score at home in the 2nd half of an entire season,that really isn't ok
I wish Pearce would have had money. Then people would have seen just how shit he really was without the excuses that surround him. Even without money you can motivate players but most of Pearce's players had no time for him at all.

beacause they had got fat and lazy under KK and Sp expected them to work?

law74 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
clowns pockets said:

beacause they had got fat and lazy under KK and Sp expected them to work?
No. Because he was a twat.

In my lifetime as a blue.......

Best

Mercer - no need to say why

Mancini - The pressure and cicumstances he has been under would have broken weaker souls, and we play great football

Keegan - Why some City dont like Keegan is beyond me, the football 2001-2 season is the best i have seen since Mercer at times better. Anelka, stellar signing, kept us in the Prem.

Worst

Horton - I just dont get it with this clown. He took a team that had finished top 5 twice, and 9th and turned them into relegation material...... two words, Griffiths and Shutt

Coppell - Bottler big time. I was there at his first fans forum the day he became our manager, he fooled us all.

Pearce - I remember when Keegan left and everyone was saying give Pearce the job, i think i was a lone voice in saying DONT give him the job, he is a coach not a manager, all gestures and soundbites, So much for my opinion!

-- Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:51 am --

clowns pockets said:
Soulboy said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
In my earlier post I stated John Bond as one of our worst managers due to the second half of the season in which we were first at around christmas and finished in mid table at the end of the season, John at first was a good but his second season was poor so that is why I said John Bond purely for being first at around xmas and then losing his way in to mid table

But you stated "THAT" season, as if it was some how locked away in everyone's memory banks!

We were first at Xmas and fell away because Trevor Francis was out pretty much the whole of the second half of the season injured, and we were selling players to make up for the poor financial state we were in.

I'm just surprised you called it THAT season, when it wasn't that bad!

You sure you haven't mixed it up with somebody else?
lets face it,we were punching well above our weight before we fell away THAT season

!981-82 season, nah dont think we were punching above our weight (why do fans say this?).... what did us that season was the loss of tueart against Sunderland, he was an intergral part of that team as Bond was using him just behind Reeves and Francis and it was working a treat, hence the sacrifice of Tommy Hutch in the team.
Add that to Tricky Trev picking up injuries at crucial times during the season we made top just before new year and we deserved to be there. As soulboy so correctly states, as the season went on, players started to get sold, O'neill, hutchinson and we had to play world class players like Gary Jackson on derby games...... well done Swales<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:00 am --<br /><br />I hear what people are saying, "what if Pearce had money"..... christ no, he spent big money at the time....... just because a manager has a small budget and they say he works miracles dosent mean that if he had a budget like ours now he would win the league, it dosent work like that. Look at Moyes, the media love him and keep sayin "if he had money he could do great things" i dont follow that theory........ just look what hughes did with all that money, horses for ................

Best:
Wilf Wild
Peter Reid
Joe Mercer

Worst:
Alan Ball
John Bond
Billy McNiel

Mercer
Mancini
Book/Royle (Joe brought us back to life)

Clarke
Allison (as manager)
Benson/Ball

No top three for me... Out of the ones I've seen...

Best: Roberto (by a mile)
Worst: Ball (this was closer, Pearce was not far behind!)
Happiest when they were sacked: Leslie (not even a contest)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.