Who will be our closest challenger for the league?

Who is most likely to challenge us for the league?

• Tottenham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

• Man Utd

• Chelsea

• Total voters
Totally agree...if we can win the PL this year its as good as any achievement Pep has achieved with us.Would be amazing.
I think four league titles in a row, especially with it being a first ever in English football, shows how good we are as a team more than a treble does.

It shows a level of victorious consistency over the course of four 38-game seasons in the hardest and best league in the world.

If we won ‘just’ (‘just’ haha!) a PL and CL double this season (again, a back-to-back CL triumph would cement that we can raise our game to the highest level in the sport and come out victors two years running) will be a bigger achievement than the treble last season.

We are the eleventh club to win a treble, the sixth this century. But nobody has managed to win a league and European Cup double after winning a treble since Ajax in 1973.

If we won PL and CL this season we surely would be touted as one if not the GOAT British team. We are already one of the best British teams in history as far as im concerned. I say British as the Celtic team that won European Cup was summit else the fact they all came from so many miles from Glasgow.

cannot vote on the poll as it is dependent on the caciedo/lavia transfer, chelsea sign them I say them, red scouse sign them I say them
Good point. I've reopened the poll and will close it when the transfer window shuts instead.

Depends on how the Dippers signings settle in but Klippety has gone the distance before and if his signings prove successful they will be the main challengers , the Goons are just too emotional the manager , players , fans are too full on and treat every victory like a cup final it will exhaust them and they will be similar to last season , full of promise but ulimately a failure.
The Rags will do OK because i rate their manager he can churn out some results against better teams but when the chips are down they fail to come up with the goods , their squad lacks experience and quality, the Barcodes will be distracted by the Champs league and although i rate Eddie Howe he isnt elite level and a novice when it comes to eruopean football and combining the pressure of the Premier league

top six

City
Dippers
Goons
Rags
Barcodes
Villa

Depends on who the PL and PGMOL are backing.

Last season Arsenal had incredible amounts of added time when they needed it with the Alti decision at theirs also with that penalty.

Rags you cant discount with the new added time rules and the decisions they get every game, the corrupt FACup final performance by the ref and Var could be the normal for them.

Dippers like the Rags will get the rub of the green with decisions again like they had about 5 games running when they put their little run together end of last season, penalty for a dive, no pen for Spurs or red in same game etc

Chelsea have no Europe which keeps their 145 man squad fresh.

Newcastke/Villa wont be too far behind either.
Think it could be the strongest top 4 challenge to date with 6 or 7 challenging for it
Pretty clear the plan will be A.B.C

I think four league titles in a row, especially with it being a first ever in English football, shows how good we are as a team more than a treble does.

It shows a level of victorious consistency over the course of four 38-game seasons in the hardest and best league in the world.

If we won ‘just’ (‘just’ haha!) a PL and CL double this season (again, a back-to-back CL triumph would cement that we can raise our game to the highest level in the sport and come out victors two years running) will be a bigger achievement than the treble last season.

We are the eleventh club to win a treble, the sixth this century. But nobody has managed to win a league and European Cup double after winning a treble since Ajax in 1973.
It would be understandable if there was a bit of a drop off after completing the treble but in the same way Pep used breaking records as a way to keep the players pushing at the end of the centurions season, I think he will use the chance to win four titles in a row and create history as the big incentive this season.

A lot of people, myself included, had Arsenal down as our main challenger this season but that's four league defeats for them now compared to just one for Liverpool which was the loss at Tottenham where they were down to nine men, had a goal wrongly disallowed and conceded a fluke own goal in injury time. Maybe we're in for yet another battle with Liverpool after all.

One thing I know….If we win the league in this injury plagued season I don’t think we lose it again until Pep leaves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.