Who will be scoring goals for us this season?

errr, havent we got some guy called Julian?

Alvarez is no better than Gabriel Jesus imo. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just don't see him as the regular 15 to 20 goals a season player we need him to be.

As matters stand, if anything untoward happens to Haaland, we're reliant on De Bruyne, Foden and Rodri for goals.

Despite the comments mocking you it's a legitimate question and one I brought up elsewhere the other week. It's probably our biggest concern going into the season.

obviously haaland will bag plenty and alvarez will pull his weight alongside or as his alternative upfront but after that the goals aren't overly obvious.

Foden always puts up very good numbers. You'd expect him to play more this season and therefore score more but when he's already been contributing its not going to be a substantial dent in the goals we've lost with mahrez and gundo going.

Kovacic I don't expect to get more than half a dozen, it's just not his game, it's not really bernardo's role either but depending on where pep primarily plays him this season that might be a focus for him so he could be one we look to to fill thr gap.

Then there's the obvious one, grealish. Had a good season last season and we can hope and expect him to push on again and he does that with his output. for his role in the side, he isn't pulling his weight in numbers so I think we are going to be looking at him more than anybody to up their output significantly.

He needs to be targeting mahrez numbers, foden to maintain his scoring rate with more minutes, Bernardo to add a handful more goals if he's played in an advanced role and a sleeper source of goals i think could be rodri, he has an outstanding shot from the edge of the box that isn't utilised enough and with kovacic expected to partner him and play a bit deeper it might mean we see him popping up in shooting positions a bit more often.

Despite the comments mocking you it's a legitimate question and one I brought up elsewhere the other week. It's probably our biggest concern going into the season.

obviously haaland will bag plenty and alvarez will pull his weight alongside or as his alternative upfront but after that the goals aren't overly obvious.

Foden always puts up very good numbers. You'd expect him to play more this season and therefore score more but when he's already been contributing its not going to be a substantial dent in the goals we've lost with mahrez and gundo going.

Kovacic I don't expect to get more than half a dozen, it's just not his game, it's not really bernardo's role either but depending on where pep primarily plays him this season that might be a focus for him so he could be one we look to to fill thr gap.

Then there's the obvious one, grealish. Had a good season last season and we can hope and expect him to push on again and he does that with his output. for his role in the side, he isn't pulling his weight in numbers so I think we are going to be looking at him more than anybody to up their output significantly.

He needs to be targeting mahrez numbers, foden to maintain his scoring rate with more minutes, Bernardo to add a handful more goals if he's played in an advanced role and a sleeper source of goals i think could be rodri, he has an outstanding shot from the edge of the box that isn't utilised enough and with kovacic expected to partner him and play a bit deeper it might mean we see him popping up in shooting positions a bit more often.
Could Kovacic take the penalties? Goodness knows we need someone else to take them when Haaland isn't on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.