Who Will Win the World Cup?

Morata, Bellerin, Fabregas and Marcos Alonso left out of Spain's World Cup squad. Morata the only shock there really, he's the striker most suited to their style of play although in shocking form.

Martinez omits Radja Nainggolan, who immediately retires from international football, reluctantly. Quite surprised that he's left out. Looked decent in both CL semi-finals and had a decent season. Place in the squad for Sideshow Bob, though.

Morata, Bellerin, Fabregas and Marcos Alonso left out of Spain's World Cup squad. Morata the only shock there really, he's the striker most suited to their style of play although in shocking form.
Morata has a tenuous relationship with Lopetegui and, as you said, has been in horrible form. Aspas has actually been very good for Celta this year and Rodrigo has emerged as a fairly reliable presence upfront.

Lopetegui also has no qualms deputising David as a false 9 against certain teams, as the dynamic positioning it allows for wreaks havoc against back five formations, for instance.

Now, if Costa would just stay off the pitch...

Martinez omits Radja Nainggolan, who immediately retires from international football, reluctantly. Quite surprised that he's left out. Looked decent in both CL semi-finals and had a decent season. Place in the squad for Sideshow Bob, though.
Shocking, shocking call, he's one of the world's best midfielders. Martinez is a clown.

Morata has a tenuous relationship with Lopetegui and, as you said, has been in horrible form. Aspas has actually been very good for Celta this year and Rodrigo has emerged as a fairly reliable presence upfront.

Lopetegui also has no qualms deputising David as a false 9 against certain teams, as the dynamic positioning it allows for wreaks havoc against back five formations, for instance.

Now, if Costa would just stay off the pitch...
I actually think Costa is the next best bet ability wise as his hold up play is terrific and allows the midfielders to get to where they can wreak havoc. Rodrigo can't slow down and hold up play. Haven't seen any of Aspas really this season.

I actually think Costa is the next best bet ability wise as his hold up play is terrific and allows the midfielders to get to where they can wreak havoc. Rodrigo can't slow down and hold up play. Haven't seen any of Aspas really this season.
The problem is he can’t pass and has very little vision, which renders hold up play useless in our system. He nearly always tries to take it on himself and, when he does attempt to lay it off, the pass is nearly always poorly weighted or to the wrong player based on the current advantage. Play breaks down with him quite a lot because Spain does not play the same counterattacking tactics as Atleti.

He is also an orange card waiting to happen. It’s why I would play David in the false 9 role every day of the week before putting Costa out there. If it were up to me he would have never been selected in the first place—I would have given the extra spot to Brahim (and not just because he is a City player).

Shocking, shocking call, he's one of the world's best midfielders. Martinez is a clown.

Which one, the exclusion or the inclusion? ;-)

Martinez says it is a tactical issue, but from reading the Belgian media it seems he is a 'strong character' and that it is a decision driven as much by personality as it is ability. After all, he didn't even make the 28 man squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.