Who would have thought this in August....

kiam06 said:
RealMancsAreBlue said:
we finished 9th last season, at the moment we are 10th.

Yes but your just splitting hairs, a matter of a few points.

Answer this, would you prefer to have last years squad or this years???

We didn't have European football last season either.

JonnyQuest said:
i agree , i dont like hughes or his football, stability is what we need the players will not start performing with a sudden change of management... again, so stick with hughes for at least another seaso and everyone will improve.

is this based on anything other than blind faith?

Not another one??? Jeeze....Can you not just say it in one of the other Sixty lick or kick the butt of Mark Hughes threads.

In Hughes's own words...

The average finish of this club over 10 seasons is something like 14th so our standing hasn't been that high. Eighth is the highest position City have finished in the Premier League, so if we could better that, we can show we are progressing.

So, by his own admission, we have not progressed.

lancs blue said:
kiam06 said:
Lets look back to August, we were getting beat at Villa and there was so much unrest at the club as we thought Thaksin may go and the club would struggle to get a new owner.

Now we have become the richest club in the world, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the world, we have one of the best players in the world in his prime in Robinho and a host of top quality internationals such as De Jong, Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP, Bellamy etc....

Still people come on this forum and say the club has made no progress, you are having a laugh. The club and the squad has come on leaps and bounds we can all see where we need to strengthen so lets get behind our manager and we will see the club get to where we want it to be, if we turn on our manager now I think it would be a disaster.

Yes it has, so why are the TEAM performances no better than last season? It's the manager's job to get his players performing to the best of their ability on a consistent basis. Hughes has failed to do that.

Quarter finals of UEFA, have you forgotten about that? Without the signings Mark Hughes has made I honestly think we might have been where Newcastle are this season.

I supported both Keegan and Pearce like this, but not Hughes this time.

The reason is very simple, now we have the resources and we could get someone much more experienced and capable; there's simply no reason not to.

Not only this, but we should be trying for something very special (no, not necessarily Jose) with how we would like the team to play, let me coin a new version... TOTALLY special.

I'm hoping we have a totally special summer and new season ahead of us!

(although don't ask me what the odds will be of that happening just now)

kiam06 said:
Quarter finals of UEFA, have you forgotten about that? Without the signings Mark Hughes has made I honestly think we might have been where Newcastle are this season.

We did go out of the UEFA Cup against the first real quality side we met.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
9th last year we are 10th now, so not a huge improvement.

SO WHAT
is that the only answer you can give to a well thought out post with plenty of positives we have a great season to look forward to

Jay-Mcfc said:
kiam06 said:
RealMancsAreBlue said:
we finished 9th last season, at the moment we are 10th.

Yes but your just splitting hairs, a matter of a few points.

Answer this, would you prefer to have last years squad or this years???

We didn't have European football last season either.

Yes but don't you think that backs my point up even more, even without extra games we only finished 9th.

spanishblue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
9th last year we are 10th now, so not a huge improvement.

SO WHAT
is that the only answer you can give to a well thought out post with plenty of positives we have a great season to look forward to

I see no improvement, so however well thought out it is the rest of the premise is false.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.