Who would have thought this in August....

Cheesy said:
kiam06 said:
Quarter finals of UEFA, have you forgotten about that? Without the signings Mark Hughes has made I honestly think we might have been where Newcastle are this season.

We did go out of the UEFA Cup against the first real quality side we met.

Remind me again didn't we beat them at home? We were a post away from going through so behave.

What about Shalke 04? They were good.

kiam06 said:
lancs blue said:
kiam06 said:
Lets look back to August, we were getting beat at Villa and there was so much unrest at the club as we thought Thaksin may go and the club would struggle to get a new owner.

Now we have become the richest club in the world, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the world, we have one of the best players in the world in his prime in Robinho and a host of top quality internationals such as De Jong, Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP, Bellamy etc....

Still people come on this forum and say the club has made no progress, you are having a laugh. The club and the squad has come on leaps and bounds we can all see where we need to strengthen so lets get behind our manager and we will see the club get to where we want it to be, if we turn on our manager now I think it would be a disaster.

Yes it has, so why are the TEAM performances no better than last season? It's the manager's job to get his players performing to the best of their ability on a consistent basis. Hughes has failed to do that.

Quarter finals of UEFA, have you forgotten about that? Without the signings Mark Hughes has made I honestly think we might have been where Newcastle are this season.

We've shown in brief flashes what we can do but most of the time performances have been below what the squad should be capable of. I'd be careful of highlighting a UEFA run where we needed 2 shoot-outs to get past average Danish teams.

Your comment about a possible relegation scrap is pure speculation, let's stick to what's actually happened.

kiam06 said:
Lets look back to August, we were getting beat at Villa and there was so much unrest at the club as we thought Thaksin may go and the club would struggle to get a new owner.

Now we have become the richest club in the world, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the world, we have one of the best players in the world in his prime in Robinho and a host of top quality internationals such as De Jong, Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP, Bellamy etc....

Still people come on this forum and say the club has made no progress, you are having a laugh. The club and the squad has come on leaps and bounds we can all see where we need to strengthen so lets get behind our manager and we will see the club get to where we want it to be, if we turn on our manager now I think it would be a disaster.

so wait you're saying that weve got better players and a lot of money and yet we are 10th! do you think there might be a problem with the manager then if weve got better players than last year and still not doing as well as last year? maybe if we had somebody who could control the talent we have do you not think we may be able to improve?

Looking back to August and the Villa game, there was talk of Frank fucking off and us going into administration, So i suppose weve made a little bit of progress from that ....... (Cue the DelBoy and Rodney scene outside Sotherbys)

The only downer for me is the away form, I will hold my hands up there, however that will change when we add more quality in the summer. The only reason the top clubs get results away is because they have quality throughout, we hopefully will have more quality with our summer signings to go away from home and get results.

kiam06 said:
Cheesy said:
kiam06 said:

Remind me again didn't we beat them at home? We were a post away from going through so behave.

Remind me again... did we go out of the cup to them? Last time I looked hitting the post counted for fook all :-)

As for Schalke, we thought they were better than they were. They have also had a decidedly mediocre season in the league.

No sense and optimism allowed on here.

Management is a piece of piss and anyone could do it apart from Hughes who is a useless rag.

masterwig said:
No sense and optimism allowed on here.

Management is a piece of piss and anyone could do it apart from Hughes who is a useless rag.

A Hughes inner mentioning the rags????? Who'd have thought it????

;-)

mcfc_nick said:
kiam06 said:

so wait you're saying that weve got better players and a lot of money and yet we are 10th! do you think there might be a problem with the manager then if weve got better players than last year and still not doing as well as last year? maybe if we had somebody who could control the talent we have do you not think we may be able to improve?

You can't just make a team work overnight, they need TIME to gel together, what do you expect champions league straight away, get real for godsake.

Cheesy said:
kiam06 said:
Cheesy said:
kiam06 said:

Remind me again... did we go out of the cup to them? Last time I looked hitting the post counted for fook all :-)

As for Schalke, we thought they were better than they were. They have also had a decidedly mediocre season in the league.

You should work for the Daily Mirror.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.