Who would you like us to sign next?

It would be nice if the Mangala rumors are true as our defence still looks a little shaky.

NoahCity said:
It would be nice if the Mangala rumors are true as our defence still looks a little shaky.
I think our defence will always look shaky whilst we play the way we are.

pee dubya said:
NoahCity said:
I suppose, but we could still do with a better CB alongside Kompany. Nastasic, Lescott and Demichelis are all good but not great. Mangala could be the answer.

NoahCity said:
pee dubya said:
NoahCity said:
I suppose, but we could still do with a better CB alongside Kompany. Nastasic, Lescott and Demichelis are all good but not great. Mangala could be the answer.
I've never seen Mangala play, i think any defender we bring in to play alongside Kompany has to be at least as good as Demichelis on the ball. He plays some loose passes now and again, but that's because he takes some risks in order to quickly release our midfielders into space. It's a crucial and a little overlooked part of our game.

IMO we should only buy players who will walk into our 1st team, there aren't many such players in the world even fewer who realistically we could get in this window. Hence I don't expect any business in Jan.

The only area where I think realistically a current first team player could be dislodged would be in defence as any idiot can see when kompany is crocked we are average at the back at best. But is there another defender as good as kompany in the world? For me top of our list should be hummels who I thought was bloody superb against us last year, however with him learning Spanish I think it's pretty clear where he thinks his future lies. Still if as rumoured we're willing to blow £40m on a defender (which is ludicrous) then a bid maybe worth making.

Alternatively I'm sure we'll look at players for the future, someone who could be the best in the world in a couple of years but who can step up and do a job if required, jovetic obviously fell into this bucket in the summer but then with his injuries has not shown us what he is capable of. The difficulty is such players are usually first team players at their current clubs and how many want to move to our bench? I think pogba is such a player but why would be move from the old lady to us to just sit on the bench?

I think the excitement of previous windows is well behind us and the deals in the future will represent the worlds best, big ticket one-off's however football always throws up some surprises. We are well placed to offer the best players genuine opportunity to win silver wear, to play for a great manager and with great players and earn a decent wage, the problem is Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich........will all be in for theses players too and offer their attractive qualities too.

We are in a different league as a club now and our transfer business will reflect that!

Howedes and Van Der Vaart are who I really think we should go for, as they would be very valuable members to the squad.

CM, with ability to defend and attack, so a good box-to-box midfielder. We cant count on Rodwell, even if he comes back there is 80% chance hewill be out injured before end of January again.

If we sign no one in January and in the first match of February we lose Fernandinho or Yaya for weeks/months, there will go our season out of the window...

As the league is so close, any small mistake can be huge in the end, and apart from some easy home games vs lower table teams like this Cardiff was I dont trust Garcia starting.

Chelsea had similar problem, just their first choice CM's arent that good than ours, but Mourinho made sure he gets Matic because if he loses Ramires to injury he has to play the remanining games with two of Mikel/ old Lampard/Luiz as a DM. Thats not good enough if you are still fighting for PL, FA-Cup and Chelsea could be making a nice CL run too.

Dont think we need a top class signing now, as it is hard to get those players in January. Even a good loan deal would do it.

We cant get a break, playing every 3 days since long weeks, I think the midfielders are the most tired of it, and they rarely gets rotated, wouldnt be bad if Fernandinho and Yaya could sit out both cup games next week.

Spurs wont have League Cup or FA Cup match coming up, they are all relaxing for like 10 days until they meet us. I think this two "easy" cup games gives us a chance to do the same with our top players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.