Who would you like us to sign next?

gwt said:
Howedes of Schalke 04 would be a class signing.

Great suggestion, he'd be fantastic alongside Vinnie, with Nastasic and MDM as backups until Rekik is a year or two older.

One more quality creative midfield player. We have got by on striker power alone in the Cups when one or two of Yaya, Merlin and Nasri have been left out.

I doubt there'll be any signings this window... and I'm okay with that I guess. But, if we loose Zabba to an injury we are doomed. Relying on Micah to stay fit is too much of a gamble.

A back-up/future starter RB (Clyne) this window, and then some slight reshaping of the club this summer.

We are stron at right back. Two great right backs with other players in the squad who could play there.

We have enough centre-backs, possibly one too many although are any as good as Kompany? Remember we have Rekik on loan to PSV.

The only weakness is attacking midfield whilst we have Nasri, Rodwell and Jovetic out injured. I wouldn't buy for such short term need

Marvin said:
We are stron at right back. Two great right backs with other players in the squad who could play there.

I hope you're not referring to Boyata mate.
Milner possibly, could stand in for an injured Zabaleta.

A fit Richards is more than okay, but if the past is any reliable indicator of what to expect, the fragile giant will break down again.

We need more players who are capable of playing the passing and pressing game that is becoming our hallmark. The team that has played in domestic cups can't quite match that style, requiring a more open pitch to generate chances, so we need three or four players: a right back, two central midfielders, and someone with genuine pace on the left.

Strong at right back?

Richards is a case of when,and not if,he gets another injury.It seems some people are blinkered to his history because he's one of our own and a good laugh.

Milner is an able deputy will by no means a long term option,after that we are turning our attention to the EDS.

A versatile defender who can play across the back four.

He needs to be strong and tall to defend the set pieces but also close ball control to play himself out of tricky positions and have a low centre of gravity for dealing with the tricky little wingers.

A great positional sense and strong in the tackle.

He should be able to play with both feet, deliver accurate crosses and have a rocket of left and right foot when taking free kicks around their box.

Cool under pressure and English to help our homegrown situation.

Also young so we can get him relatively cheaply but off-load him for £30 million if he wants to leave in 5 years time and becomes tired of winning, success and trophies.

A warrior on the pitch but a monk off it. A clean living sensible lad who skirts controversy and who is never in the headlines for reasons other than his performances.

I can only think of Chris Smalling who fits the bill though that's the problem....................

FantasyIreland said:
Strong at right back?

Richards is a case of when,and not if,he gets another injury.It seems some people are blinkered to his history because he's one of our own and a good laugh.

Milner is an able deputy will by no means a long term option,after that we are turning our attention to the EDS.

How many years does Richards have left on his contract ?

I honestly think that if he pulls up again for any lengthy period of time it will be 'goodnight Vienna' for him.

Great lad, lovely personality and City through-and-through but useless to the team if he's constantly on the physio's bench.

If he pulls up again, I would seriously consider offering him a role at the club doing something else and see what he thinks of it. Even he must be getting tired and frustrated of spending so much time on the side-lines.

It was strange watching him the other night. I'd forgotten what he looked like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.