Who'd get into today's team ?

Absolutely fantastic that from 44 Seasons of supporting City I can only name two certs.

Big DaveWatson for Jules
The king for anybody.

More than likelies:

Asa certainly better than Barry and Milner but the game has changed.
Kinky,Ali B,Berkovic,Ireland would all fit nicely as another attacking Midfielder in the squad; I seriously think both the current Left Backs are superb and could one day be compared with Pardoe and Donachie. I agree with the post about Robinho up on the left: Any decent forward from Nelly to Rosler and the Goat would get a place in the 4 Striker system. As with the Strikers Doyle ,Booth,Distin etc all a place in the squad.

Actually in the team though just the two.

kennycar said:
Silvain Distin at his best was awesome, or is that just me?

just you...............<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm --<br /><br />TRAUTMAN
RICHARDS,VAN-BUYTEN,DOYLE,POWER
SUMERBEE,BELL,REVIE(don),BARNES
GOATER,LEE

The most important player we'd need right now is Mike Doyle as captain - Tevez's head would be on a pikestaff outside the training ground...........with Rooney's nuts for earrings.

Peter Beagrie or Eyal Berkovic would stand a chance for me. At their best they were scintillating. Paul Walsh another.

How the hell Beagrie failed to earn a single full England cap is beyond me.

goosed said:
Bert Trautmann for Joe Hart, but only just

Dave Watson for Joleon Lescott, him and Vinnie!

Colin Bell for Gareth Barry/James Milner, shoo-in

Wish I could come up with a left back

yes I could go along with these, also finding space for:-

Ali B

Trevor Francis ('the groin')

&

Kinky

- remember too, it's a rotational squad situation, which makes accommodating all these great players a little bit easier than beating your brains out trying to fathom the 'best' team, which I believe is often selected on the basis of our opponents and also fitness levels/other considerations.

;o)

(and how could I have overlooked Schmeichel, who would be a cert, and an old favourite of mine Bobby Mac 'bullet head' and possibly Tommy Caton and Nicky Reid, just because... ehehe)

Not much I can disagree with from previous posters, but how about Billy Meredith supplying crosses for Edin, Mario and Kun. rather than Nasri?

He would get his fair share of goals too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.