Who'd get into today's team ?

Probably already been said but Paul Lake. He could have been an absolute legend. 100 England caps for sure. He'd have been up there with King Col.

lionheart said:
Jo Corrigan - Joe Hart (but only just)
Willie Donachie - Alex Kolarov (no contest)
Dave Watson - Vinnie Kompany (only just)
Mike Doyle - Joleon Lescott (no contest)
Colin Bell - Gareth Barry (no contest)
Asa Hartford - James Milner (close thing)
Dennis Tueart - Adam Johnson (close thing)
Mick Channon - Mario Balotelli ( maybe)
tueart -johnson close u havin a laugh

InvisibleMan6 said:
Probably already been said but Paul Lake. He could have been an absolute legend. 100 England caps for sure. He'd have been up there with King Col.

Agreed 100%. He would have been right up there with the King. Great shame that their careers ended so similarly, albeit Lakeys at a much younger age. His books a cracking read by the way.

danburge82 said:
Starting XI:
-------------------------------Bert Trautmann-------------------------------
Tony Book--------Dave Watson--------Dave Ewing--------Glynn Pardoe
-------------David Silva--------Colin Bell---------Peter Doherty(c)--------
----------Billy Meredith--------Eric Brook--------Tommy Johnson------

Subs:
Frank Swift; Mike Doyle; Roy Paul; Mike Summerbee; Fred Tilson; Francis Lee; Neil Young

Trautmann and Swift were both before my time. But in the days when there were plenty of City fans about who'd seen them both play, the overwhelming majority seemed to rate Swift as the better goalkeeper.

cibaman said:
danburge82 said:
Starting XI:
-------------------------------Bert Trautmann-------------------------------
Tony Book--------Dave Watson--------Dave Ewing--------Glynn Pardoe
-------------David Silva--------Colin Bell---------Peter Doherty(c)--------
----------Billy Meredith--------Eric Brook--------Tommy Johnson------

Subs:
Frank Swift; Mike Doyle; Roy Paul; Mike Summerbee; Fred Tilson; Francis Lee; Neil Young

Trautmann and Swift were both before my time. But in the days when there were plenty of City fans about who'd seen them both play, the overwhelming majority seemed to rate Swift as the better goalkeeper.

We've been talkin to different old timers. Both great but most I know/knew gave Bert the nod.

Tameside Tom said:
Ntini77 said:
Jerome Boateng.

Something tells me you're not taking this seriously. At least you didn't go for Bernard Corradi.

That kid will be class. He just has to get into the right surrounding for him. Not every player fits everywhere. He feels well in Munich, is not injured anymore and shows it. He was used as right back today as Rafinha had problems with adductors.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZJtVMTPx4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZJtVMTPx4</a>

I knew he was fast - and I knew he has superb defender qualities - but not that...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZJtVMTPx4[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.