Who'll Be Playing Alongside Yaya Next Season?

Re: Who'll Be Playing Instead of Yaya Next Season?

nmc said:
J3SUS said:
meeesh said:
And Richards wouldn't be in over Zab,no matter what happened with him yesterday

Richards is better than zab, fielding our strongest XI would require a fit micah.

I guess its all about opinions - personally I think Zab is better than Richard's but setting that aside Richard's needs a run free from injury before you make him a key component of your back 4 - he simply misses too many games.

How is this debatable...?!

We all love Micah, he is a display of our youth and is a great player ... but vs Zaba? There is a really good reason why Zaba has mostly been chosen over Micah... Zaba does a hell of a lot more going forward and defending, linking sublimely with Aguero, Tevez and Milner and is by far the best RB by a country mile in the PL.

Zaba gets sent off because a foul he was forced to make and what happens, "Richards is better than Zab" ... even Richards is quoted as saying he is happy being a squad player and does not want to leave City, acknowledging the Zaba and that he has a lot of work ahead of him to get in front of the Warrior... wow, at least Richards honest opinion is that Zaba is better than him!

Nobody will be playing instead of him, malheureusement.

García replaced by Fernandinho.

Barry replaced by...Toulalan? Probably somebody younger than him actually.

question returned to its original form, my ire with him has abated somewhat (very slightly) and he does have a new contract following his migraine attack (brought on no doubt by the stress of negotiations.)

SuperSilva said:
nmc said:
J3SUS said:
Richards is better than zab, fielding our strongest XI would require a fit micah.

I guess its all about opinions - personally I think Zab is better than Richard's but setting that aside Richard's needs a run free from injury before you make him a key component of your back 4 - he simply misses too many games.

How is this debatable...?!

We all love Micah, he is a display of our youth and is a great player ... but vs Zaba? There is a really good reason why Zaba has mostly been chosen over Micah... Zaba does a hell of a lot more going forward and defending, linking sublimely with Aguero, Tevez and Milner and is by far the best RB by a country mile in the PL.

Zaba gets sent off because a foul he was forced to make and what happens, "Richards is better than Zab" ... even Richards is quoted as saying he is happy being a squad player and does not want to leave City, acknowledging the Zaba and that he has a lot of work ahead of him to get in front of the Warrior... wow, at least Richards honest opinion is that Zaba is better than him!

The good reason being micah has been injured?
Last season both played a vital role but during the first half when we went gung ho on all who stood before us, it was richards at right back loking like a world beater not zab.

Hope Rodwell will be playing with Yaya next season he looks a class act hope he can stay fully fit, Fernandinho may not be so interested in joining now we have the media circus going again got the feeling this but be another drawn out summer. Oh and Micah is a long way of Zabaletas standard at the minute, yes there was very little between them at the start of last season but this Zabaleta has improved alot, so much I think he could walk into any team except Bayern or Dortmund.<br /><br />-- Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 am --<br /><br />Hope Rodwell will be playing with Yaya next season he looks a class act hope he can stay fully fit, Fernandinho may not be so interested in joining now we have the media circus going again got the feeling this but be another drawn out summer. Oh and Micah is a long way of Zabaletas standard at the minute, yes there was very little between them at the start of last season but this Zabaleta has improved alot, so much I think he could walk into any team except Bayern or Dortmund.

dachoosen1 said:
Hope Rodwell will be playing with Yaya next season he looks a class act hope he can stay fully fit, Fernandinho may not be so interested in joining now we have the media circus going again got the feeling this but be another drawn out summer. Oh and Micah is a long way of Zabaletas standard at the minute, yes there was very little between them at the start of last season but this Zabaleta has improved alot, so much I think he could walk into any team except Bayern or Dortmund.

-- Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 am --

Hope Rodwell will be playing with Yaya next season he looks a class act hope he can stay fully fit, Fernandinho may not be so interested in joining now we have the media circus going again got the feeling this but be another drawn out summer. Oh and Micah is a long way of Zabaletas standard at the minute, yes there was very little between them at the start of last season but this Zabaleta has improved alot, so much I think he could walk into any team except Bayern or Dortmund.

Agreed about Rodwell, I genuinely hope he can stay fit. Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of Ramires?

TheProdigy2k9 said:
dachoosen1 said:

-- Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 am --

Agreed about Rodwell, I genuinely hope he can stay fit. Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of Ramires?
I agree, but bigger.

When we first signed him I thought he was "a bit of a Jenas" but since he's been here he has shown that he is a very good player with a ton of potential.

I really hope its someone who has energy in their legs and can win the ball plus be effective at short-to mid range distribution. Why not we get De-jong back but oh well, a prospect could be playong Milner back there I think he could relish like his Villa days when platying in a very central role.

The way we played against Wigan and in the Champions League for the our first two campaigns brutally revealed how exposed our defence was, pehaps due to some of our attackers not tracking back or more evidently Yaya and Barry/Garcia just not feeling comfortable being the last men in our own half before the two centrebacks are called into action (due to our fullbacks pushing up so far)

This has happened far to often I see, when sides get the ball and there seems to be a whole another pitch between our midfielders and defence which leaves either our centrebacks (mostly kompany) or others to foul the attacker. This was highlighted again against Wigan when Zaba had to intervene Mcnamans due to our lack of cover in midfield.

Cheick Tiote would be quite a good signing and filler for this IMO. Or we can trust Garcia and hopefully use Rodwell more. This comes back to my opinion that with our squad and what has happened to us that a 4-3-3 will be ideal.

.....................Hart...............
..Zaba....Vince....Nast..........Gael
.............Milner...Tiote................
.................Toure......................
.....Silva......................Nasri (or some pacey winger)
.................Aguero...................

Think we will go with with more of a 4-3-3 next season with 2 holding players with Yaya pushing on.

............Fernandinho/Rodwell.......................Kondogbia/Barry............

...............................................Yaya.......................................

Then a front three with two wide attacking players and cavani up front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.