Who'll Be Playing Alongside Yaya Next Season?

FantasyIreland said:
I like the above,with the exception of Aguero for Nasri and Cavani up front.
It can certainly work that way. I think we've started to see a turnaround with Nasri, but maybe he's playing for a move.

I went back and watched some video of Garcia at Benfica doing my best youtube analysis and what strikes me is that the videos show a boat load of headed goals, which we just haven't seen here (largely due to playing time and our shit corner takers, i presume) and a fire and passion that also haven't been on display. I mean, he looks faster mostly because he looks more committed to everything he's doing. The player we're seeing in our shirt looks so much more unsure of himself, almost like he feels he's not at the class of those around him. You see some of his Benfica stuff and he's covering more ground, playing with intensity.

I half wonder whether he might be able to find that form for us. Maybe a good offseason might bring back a yard of pace he needs to really open up.

I think his ship has sailed and a player like Fernandinho will be bought for the position he was ultimately bought for, but it would be great if he could challenge for the spot next season.

A few Benfica fans on another website were pretty surprised that we bought him and especially that we paid that much money for him. But I agree, it doesn't make much sense to sell him after one season. Some players take time to find their feet and I can't see us getting less than a £10m loss if we sell him this summer.

Re: Who'll Be Playing Instead of Yaya Next Season?

110513225619.png

think i'd go for this with

Rodwell/Fernandinho
Silva/Nasri
Isco/'New Winger'
Richards/Zab
Yaya/Milner/Barry

as the main points for rotation.

purely because i'm beginning to question Yaya's defensive qualities/effectiveness when given a defensive role

Silva has no where near the guts or skill set to play central midfield.
Too many times her just leaves a leg sticking out as am attempt to challenge and doesn't like tracking back, also his skills would be wasted in midfield. Much better to start him outwide like Isco. Rodwell and Yaya with Fernandinho would be better imo.

meeesh said:
And Richards wouldn't be in over Zab,no matter what happened with him yesterday

Richards is better than zab, fielding our strongest XI would require a fit micah.

J3SUS said:
meeesh said:
And Richards wouldn't be in over Zab,no matter what happened with him yesterday

Richards is better than zab, fielding our strongest XI would require a fit micah.

I guess its all about opinions - personally I think Zab is better than Richard's but setting that aside Richard's needs a run free from injury before you make him a key component of your back 4 - he simply misses too many games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.