Whos better.... C. Ronaldo or Messi?

Sabster said:
Project said:
When do you see Barcelona under the cosh though? A bit harsh to judge him on that.

Espanol away last year. Inter home and away (home wasn't really under the cosh but if he was the greatest player ever surely he would have done something..), stuttgart away, RM home....

Interestingly the person that did score their goals when they were under the cosh was Ibrahimavic

Messi started the move for Pique's goal against Inter, Messi was again involved in the build-up in the away leg goal, so there we go. Messi is a team player who can not only score tap-ins like Ronaldo, single-minded wonder goals like Ronaldo but get over double the number of assists over the years than him and play as a team member and contribute a lot more to the side, so when Xavi or Iniesta get all the credit for the midfield and assists, remember Messi actually gets involved with getting them the space and giving them the ball in good positions and helping his team.

Pigeonho said:
Not sure if mentioned already, but Ronaldo has done over here in what is arguably the best and toughest league in the world, and he is now doing it in Spain, arguably the second best league in the world. For me that makes him the better player, as we don't know if Messi would recreate in England what he has done in Spain. Ronaldo has recreated it, therefore that has to make him the best of the two in terms of handling different leagues and being able to perform at the top. Messi could just as easily come over here and recreate his Barca heroics, or he could come over and fail miserably like Reyes, because of the physicality of the league.

I enjoy watching Messi more than I do Ronaldo though.

Yeah. I'm sure Messi would struggle against the likes of Titus Bramble and Paul Konchesky.

Ronaldo did it in two countries because he is a top 3 player in the world. Messi is too, and would do it in whatever country you placed him in.

Project said:
Pigeonho said:
Not sure if mentioned already, but Ronaldo has done over here in what is arguably the best and toughest league in the world, and he is now doing it in Spain, arguably the second best league in the world. For me that makes him the better player, as we don't know if Messi would recreate in England what he has done in Spain. Ronaldo has recreated it, therefore that has to make him the best of the two in terms of handling different leagues and being able to perform at the top. Messi could just as easily come over here and recreate his Barca heroics, or he could come over and fail miserably like Reyes, because of the physicality of the league.

I enjoy watching Messi more than I do Ronaldo though.

Yeah. I'm sure Messi would struggle against the likes of Titus Bramble and Paul Konchesky.

Ronaldo did it in two countries because he is a top 3 player in the world. Messi is too, and would do it in whatever country you placed him in.
Until he does it though, you can't say that for sure. That is why for me Ronaldo is the better proven player but like I say, I prefer to settle down and watch a Barca game with Messi doing his thing than I do a Madrid game.

Sabster said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
for a start just last week against Athletic he set up the goal that took them through when they were really in a battle.

And yesterday v Deportivo they were struggling to score the 2nd to seal the game and sticks a sensational freekick in the net to seal the game.

Didn't watch the copa del rey match... but Barcelona were on top yesterday very much so it was a gerat free kick but not decisive.

that goal killed any hope Depor had of a fightback, they'd had 1 or 2 decent chances that if they'd held on and got to 1-1 could have cost Barca, but Messi ended the game as a contest, yes Barca dominated but so do Arsenal yet they don't always win games that they deserve to.

And the Athletic was "putting under the cosh" and more as you say.

Ronaldo played in England, yeah, but he played for Man U, the best team, with the best players, and played against a load of shite teams that stand off United all the time, it wasn't anymore of an achievement that what Messi has done 2bh.

Its an argument for Ronaldo certainly, but I don't think its an argument against Messi, if you see what I mean.

Personally I just think that Messi's highs are a significant distance higher than Ronaldos.

Pigeonho said:
Project said:

Until he does it though, you can't say that for sure. That is why for me Ronaldo is the better proven player but like I say, I prefer to settle down and watch a Barca game with Messi doing his thing than I do a Madrid game.

I dont know if its just me but i prefer to watch Madrid. I think they are absolutely brilliant on the attack.

Ronaldo is amazing, Ozil and Di Maria are top top top players, they have Kaka and Benzema Higuain who are amazing too.

I like Marcelo aswell, he is great going forward.

Ronaldo by a country mile............ goal a game this season is amazing..

Ask yourself, who you would rather pull on the blue shirt

apple pie corner said:
Ronaldo by a country mile............ goal a game this season is amazing..

Ask yourself, who you would rather pull on the blue shirt

Messi also has over a goal a game. He has nearly twice as many assists as Ronaldo aswell.

Messi is the better player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.