Who's going to be the new regular Penalty Taker?

Not sure Mario will play enough to be first choice pen taker and I'm convinced that one day is casualness will get the better of him.

Aguero and Silva both look like natural pen takers.

If Kolarov stepped up to take one, i'd be 100% confident that it's going to go in. He has great technique in those situations. Power AND precision.

1. Mario
2. Hart (but what if he misses and they go up the other end and score?!)
3. Barry
4. anyone else.

if Milner is on i will trust him. he took some brilliant ones for villa!! if not bring back ELANO!

Kolarov.

Remember when you were at school and a kid 6 years older than you with the hardest shot you'd ever seen took the penalties? Well it's a bit like that.

Any keeper foolish enough to get in the way of his spot kicks will be out injured for 3 months.

I don't even know why we're having this discussion; Mario's got the best technique and seems like the most self-assured penalty taker I've seen - just look at the two he put past Villa, and Freidel is not exactly an inexperienced goal-keeper and Mario left him totally bemused twice in the same game.

Of course if Aguero's high up in the scoring tables and playing regularly I'd expect him to convert a few as someone pointed out, but if our whole league season was riding on just one kick and I was 'The Business' I'd give the ball to Mario - and I doubt Manciti would have any complaints! You might even see the biggest smile he's ever cracked if we had this situation come-up!

-- Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:36 pm --

Chris in London said:
Kolarov.

Remember when you were at school and a kid 6 years older than you with the hardest shot you'd ever seen took the penalties? Well it's a bit like that.

Any keeper foolish enough to get in the way of his spot kicks will be out injured for 3 months.

yeah, but if they got in the way of a Joe Hart special (unlikely because that thing flew in like a rocket) they'd have a hole punched right through 'em!

ehehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.