Who's going to be the new regular Penalty Taker?

cibaman said:
Not sure Mario will play enough to be first choice pen taker and I'm convinced that one day is casualness will get the better of him.

Aguero and Silva both look like natural pen takers.

There's nothing casual about Mario's technique, I'd say quite the opposite as it looks as if he's practised it time and again to get the "stutter" in at exactly the right moment.

Silva? As much as I love the guy his finishing is woeful at times, I wouldn't trust him with a pen.

Mario
Barry
Aguero
Milner

lancs blue said:
cibaman said:
Not sure Mario will play enough to be first choice pen taker and I'm convinced that one day is casualness will get the better of him.

There's nothing casual about Mario's technique, I'd say quite the opposite as it looks as if he's practised it time and again to get the "stutter" in at exactly the right moment.

Silva? As much as I love the guy his finishing is woeful at times, I wouldn't trust him with a pen.

Mario
Barry
Aguero
Milner

Exactly. Mario has the best penalty kick I have ever seen.

BlueJill said:
lancs blue said:
cibaman said:

Mario
Barry
Aguero
Milner

He'll do a Robinho at some point and pass the ball to the keeper. All players miss pens but when Mario misses it'll be armaggedon because of his style.

I don't see how anyone who has watched Kun just slot the ball perfectly and clinically into the corner so many times could not have him at the top of the list. He has ice water running through his veins.

Add to that the fact that he will most likely be challenging for the golden boot and he is the only logical choice.

Mario has great accuracy and calmness as well, and many folks on here seem to think he would be the best choice, but to me it's kind of a wash.

Can someone post some Mario penalty shot vids on here? I feel like I haven't seen enough of them. I'm willing to be convinced. Do like the stutter.

bottom line: Kun if he is playing, Mario in all other cases.

We all would love to see Kolarov, Barry, Hart, etc. (and they would be good no doubt), but none of you who have suggested them can be serious, I'm sure of it.

BlueJill said:
lancs blue said:
cibaman said:

Mario
Barry
Aguero
Milner

Apart from Mark Ward?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.