Who's the greatest ?

In terms of who I enjoy watching the most and my personal favourite, then it's Silva.

Objectively though, in terms of greatest and most complete, then it's Yaya. The way I think about it is if we were in a big game we needed to win with ten minutes to go, then who would be the most likely to take control of the game and do something to win the match for us, and that would be Toure.

There have been times when he's fulfilled the roles of himself, Silva and Aguero singlehandedly. I'm really not sure who is comparable to him at his best nowadays.

I was too young to see Colin Bell. I didn't think I'd ever see a better City player than Tevez that season he dragged us in to the CL for the first time.

Yaya has probably got the best highlights reel of any City player. Showed up in the big moments more than any other. He's the mose decisive player in City's history.

However, Yaya is the big right hand to David Silva's jab. The right hand looks best on the highlights, but it's the jab that makes you truly great.

Silva's consistency over his career when injury free is astonishing. His quality on the ball, his touch, his vision, his delivery of the defence splitting ball, his knitting together of the team, his courage to demand the ball in tight areas, under pressure, is just a joy to behold.

He's the most intelligent player I've ever seen in the flesh. He always plays the right pass, and sometimes he even plays a pass that you can't even see from the top tier of the stadium, he's just operating on a completely different level from the casual observer.

Yaya is irreplaceable in terms of his quality on the ball together with his physicality. But we can replace him with something different and look just as good. As we did with Fernandinho at the start of the season. But take Silva out of the side and we look very ordinary. No one can do what he does in terms of knitting the team together and dictating a game, linking midfield and attack.

Silva truly is irreplaceable, no one can do what he does as well as him, and he's been doing it consistently for 7 years, that's what makes him the greatest.

By a very long shot : Yaya.
An absolute beast and a true footballing gem that appears once in a generation.
I believe he could have been as amazing at any given position in the pitch, be it goalie, CB or even striker.
A freak of the nature that won't be replicated for decades, mark my words.

I was too young to see Colin Bell. I didn't think I'd ever see a better City player than Tevez that season he dragged us in to the CL for the first time.

Yaya has probably got the best highlights reel of any City player. Showed up in the big moments more than any other. He's the mose decisive player in City's history.

However, Yaya is the big right hand to David Silva's jab. The right hand looks best on the highlights, but it's the jab that makes you truly great.

Silva's consistency over his career when injury free is astonishing. His quality on the ball, his touch, his vision, his delivery of the defence splitting ball, his knitting together of the team, his courage to demand the ball in tight areas, under pressure, is just a joy to behold.

He's the most intelligent player I've ever seen in the flesh. He always plays the right pass, and sometimes he even plays a pass that you can't even see from the top tier of the stadium, he's just operating on a completely different level from the casual observer.

Yaya is irreplaceable in terms of his quality on the ball together with his physicality. But we can replace him with something different and look just as good. As we did with Fernandinho at the start of the season. But take Silva out of the side and we look very ordinary. No one can do what he does in terms of knitting the team together and dictating a game, linking midfield and attack.

Silva truly is irreplaceable, no one can do what he does as well as him, and he's been doing it consistently for 7 years, that's what makes him the greatest.
Hard to argue with almost anything you've posted there, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.