Who's the greatest ?

If the answer isn't gdm, then I couldn't separate Colin and David, with just behind them Yaya, Sergio and Vinny. For being a man I would have Zaba too

For raw talent, it's Silva or Bell. For contribution, it's Touré or Aguero.

I'm going for Yaya, who's arguably played a vital part in every single trophy we've won since he arrived, including dragging us kicking and screaming to the FA Cup in 2011.

Easy one for me , Colin Bell in his pomp, but there have been a number of excellent candidates since, and David Silva is right up there at the top.

I would go for YaYa.
He is our main man,starts everything,quick feet,powerful going forward,dictates the pace we play at and the ultimate big game player.
Silva for all his greatness has not come close to YaYa at Wembley.
Never saw Bell in the flesh but on tv he was the dogs bollocks.

The difference between Bell and the other contenders is that he had everything. Dribbling; strong in the tackle; complete passing range; could head the ball; good finisher - scored plenty; great attitude in every game; and he ran and ran and ran. He was the complete player, and that's why - for me, after some thought and after watching for 50 years plus - he still shades it over all these other great players we have been privileged to see more recently, imho.
Bell had everything, and was the best of Tevez, Yaya, Silva and Aguero rolled into one.

I'm only going to proclaim the greatest as the best player I've actually seen live.

David Silva.

The title of Magician is underwhelming of this man.
He reads the game so well yet is so undervalued by the British Gutterpress which still practice an old school of thought.

I could watch this lad on the pitch for the full match, and not watch anybody else he's that entertaining.

I saw Colin Bell in his pomp, and I've seen David Silva in his. Silva has played on snooker table-like pitches, Bell played on some shit heaps. My heart sinks when Silva is not in the team, but I always thought that we couldn't lose with Bell in the side. Silva is the current heart beat of the team, Bell was the heart, the lungs and the brain. CB was not a box to box player, he was a goal line to goal line player. In current financial terms, in his majesty, £200m wouldn't buy Colin Bell!

But let's put a bit of perspective on the debate, though - Colin couldn't defend like Dave Ewing could!
I`m with you Dave and very well put.

The difference between Bell and the other contenders is that he had everything. Dribbling; strong in the tackle; complete passing range; could head the ball; good finisher - scored plenty; great attitude in every game; and he ran and ran and ran. He was the complete player, and that's why - for me, after some thought and after watching for 50 years plus - he still shades it over all these other great players we have been privileged to see more recently, imho.
Bell had everything, and was the best of Tevez, Yaya, Silva and Aguero rolled into one.

If every game had been recorded for 90 mins, back in those days, folks would get it.

There is hardly any footage of Bell, at his best, doing what he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.