Who's the most famous person you have stood/sat next to.....

Re: Who's the most famous person you have stood/sat next to.

My mum took me and our kid to watch the Wolves home game the first year it was Nationwide. We're watching the game and she's radomly chatting t some bloke takes our paper Nationwide flags off us, this bloke signs them and carries on watching the game, mum comes back to us proud as punch.

No idea where my Noel Gallagher signed Nationwide flag ended up, but cheers mum, god I miss her :-(

Was fortunate enough to be seated with Franny Lee after a charity golf day. He can put his drink away and was excellent company. Unfortunately our team was drawn to play with David Herd so it wasn't a thrill a minute on the course. Andy Dibble (who was a member of our club) should have been on the same table but failed to show.
Interesting to hear people talk of Bernard Manning who was a customer where I used to work. I used to see him in the bank on Victoria Avenue, he'd be wearing a dirty old vest and whatever he was paying in was never right. He was a smashing bloke and a couple of the guys at work said that he would always stop and give them a lift if he saw them walking. I never knew how that bloody Cadillac he had kept going, the number plate was worth more than the car.

frothy said:
Paul lake at Newcastle in the seats right in front of us denton lad like me top bloke but not the most famous met the westham Team the season after We won the the World cup My uncle was a mate of geof hursts dad so had a VIP day and some of them rag twats and watched city stoke in Dublín in a bar with Dennis tuert
We were sat in a bar at Manchester
Airport with Tueart earlier that day

301q2w4.jpg

last game at Maine rd King Kev promised me a win :(
he also said 'christ i havent seen a polaroid camera in years' ..... true story (boring James Milner eat your heart out ;)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Manc in London said:
OB1 said:
We must have been in close proximity at Watford.

To be fair, we only took half the allocation so we were few in number. I'd be amazed if more than half of those who went to that game, were prepared to watch another game of football
I was in corporate hospitality at that game, which was quite nice apart from the fact that you had to walk through the hospital next door to get there and it was in a portakabin. Gallagher was late coming in and got serenaded by "Who are yer..." by the City fans. It was a dreadful game and Foster's mistake gifted Vassell the goal that relegated them. Then came the famous Joey Barton interview.

IIRC, Noel did have to walk halfway round the pitch to get to his seat.

I organised a Sportsmans dinner for the club I'm a member of a couple of years ago and as Chairman I had the pleasure of sitting next to Mike Summerbee that evening. Great genuine bloke, City through and through probably one of the best night outs I've ever had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.