Who's your favourite City manager?

Bobby Manc. The first major trophy lifted in my lifetime.

Also because "fakyoo, fakyoo, fakyoo!"

Taken from Wikki -T
This is a chronological list of Manchester City managers, comprising all those who have held the position of manager for the first team of Manchester City F.C.and the club's predecessors West Gorton (St. Marks) and Ardwick. In the Football League era the club has appointed 34 managers; including pre-league managers and temporary caretakers more than 40 men have held responsibility for team selection.

The longest serving manager was Wilf Wild, who was in charge from 1932 to 1946, for a total length of 14 years 9 months. However, as Wild's tenure covered the entire length of the Second World War, in which no competitive football was played, he is not the man with the most games served as manager. Les McDowall, who was in charge from 1950 to 1963, a period of 13 years, managed the club for the most competitive games, a total of 592 games - a full 240 games more than Wild, who recorded the second most. The most successful Manchester City manager in terms of major trophies won is Joe Mercer, who won four trophies in six years from 1965 to 1971. Roberto Mancini was City's most recent manager; he was sacked on 13 May 2013 after three-and-a-half years in charge.[1]

Bobby Manc - then Joe Mercer

Mancini, for ending the drought.
Reid because he was our manager when I was a youngster and really starting to get into the game. I think he over achieved hugely in a couple of seasons.
Horton for his enthusiasm and the way he set his team up (beating the would be champions, Blackburn 2-3 at Ewood is one of my favourite games ever).
Keegan for that one season in the championship.

Sven, for adding class to our club and guiding us to a double over the filthy neighbors.

Roberto, for adding suave and passion, and for giving us the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.