Who's your favourite City manager?

Bobby Manc for me.

Reasons:

The FA Cup semi final (beating them lot in a huge game with arguably a weaker team at the time). The balance of power shifted that day.
Winning the league (The first one is always considered the most difficult) in the most incredible of fashions.
Record win at Old Trafford 6-1
Also the legacy. Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Dzeko are the players who underpinned our success in 2013/14 and will do in future years.

Peter Reid, two 5th place finishes but I never cared much for him personally, to many ex everton players and that decision to let Harper take the pen instead of Ward who hadn't missed one, arghhhhhhhhh.
Missed Reidy off, brain must be frazzled, have an edit due

Mancini. Oversaw our rise back to the elite and outgunned Slurgie in the mindgames. But the very fire and personality traits that he possesses and helped us become winners, seemingly contributed also to his downfall.

That said, given another couple of seasons and a transfer kitty, I like to imagine he would have found a way to breed success here.

Also fond of Joe Royle, play offs obviously a big part of my memories of that, but he turned around a side in freefall and brought in fighters, then class, and gave us a chance to get back up. Would have said Kendall too for the on the pitch performance, but he truly stiffed us off it. Keegan was fun but lacked that certain ingredient to make him a successful manager, here and elsewhere.

Also kind of enjoyed Peter Reid's hit and run footy, saw some good seasons for us despite having limited tactics of lumping it to the big lad or working it so David White could stretch his legs.

Met Brian Horton once, a gent. Despite being accosted by several drunk lads whilst trying to have a quiet Indian with his partner, was full of smiles and more than happy to talk footy.

Bobby Manc for me.

Reasons:

The FA Cup semi final (beating them lot in a huge game with arguably a weaker team at the time). The balance of power shifted that day.
Winning the league (The first one is always considered the most difficult) in the most incredible of fashions.
Record win at Old Trafford 6-1
Also the legacy. Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Dzeko are the players who underpinned our success in 2013/14 and will do in future years.

Agreed, for all those good points.

But also because he had bags of charisma and a sense of humour. His press conference where he wore the David Platt mask, for example. He engendered a sense of fun and built a decent rapport with the media.

Genial joe mercer for me, the football was excilirating the players fabulous, the buzz around the club fantastic, then Roberto for all the obvious reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.