Why £80m players are needed to break through.

fbloke said:
There are two teams I would like to see City be more like, Chelsea and Man U

Its not by chance that they have the very best players.

Robinho was a flop at any cost and at £32.5m well.........

You buy success with the top players, with the £25m players you buy the chance of success.

I would say we need to buy the best.

This doesnt mean that we cant also bring in young talent as well, but you need those big names.

They may have the best players but if you do a little research you will probably find they havn`t paid much more than 25 mill for any of them!

i think we need more hungry players,like johnson. lets put a new team together that will fight for the club.i would like to see these wage collectors shown the door,ala RSC ,jo,bojinov,ade,robinho,kolo,garrido etc theirs 100mil plus contracts that should buy a great young skillfull team that will fight til the end
still feel we will end up top 6.then next season a big cull of playing staff required.

nimrod said:
Neil McNab said:
If you think SWP, Ireland & Robinho can form a league winning midfield you're detached from reality, they were as near as dam it our forward line last season, hence why theirr goal talleys looked artifically impressive, they can'y play behind Tevez and Ade.

agree with this

If Mancini is here next season expect half of our team to be shipped out as theyre just not good enough.....only a few will stay, Mr Hughes has wasted buckets of money IMO and I think ADUG began to see this.

Why do we lose away ? why didnt we thrash Pompey ? ........because half the team are not good enough

THIS

Mancio said:
nimrod said:
agree with this

If Mancini is here next season expect half of our team to be shipped out as theyre just not good enough.....only a few will stay, Mr Hughes has wasted buckets of money IMO and I think ADUG began to see this.

Why do we lose away ? why didnt we thrash Pompey ? ........because half the team are not good enough

THIS

SECONDED

I can see a big player coming in, someone like Ribery. You won't get someone like Messi or Ronaldo, they are kind of off limits at the moment and playing for the biggest clubs in the world.

Just a little warning, though, it won't be like this forever. There will come a time where Mansour will do what Abramovic has done and will back off on his spending a little and leave the club to be self sufficient. Mansour is building the team now, but you can't build and build forever, otherwise you will never win anything because the team won't flow.

So, I'd expect a £50 Million+ player come in the summer and another two or three decent players.

Spending £30 might get a you good footballer, but it doesnt necessarily get you a winning one. The thing that great teams have is a winning mentality, Robinho by the very nature of his transfer had the wrong attitude and its no surprise that for all his talent he has gone.

Winning sides take time to build and patience is a virtue.

LoveCity said:
Tevez is as good as Rooney I think, or at least can be, but we definitely need a talisman both in defence and midfield of the highest possible quality. The players around them don't all need to be "top 10 in world" material, just very good to excellent and molded into a good team by the manager.

As much as i hate Ronney, and i really really do, and love tevez. No way is he in the same bracket, Rooney, Drogba, Torres are forwards in there own bracket of class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.