Why 2 DMs at Bolton? Had Lampard scored, 9 straight draws

We started with two DMs at home to Scunthorpe. Why are you surprised. It's not the team selection that's wrong it's the man management or Barry whichever way you want to look at it. In a game like yesterdays Hughes should be telling Barry or he should take it on himself to get forward if the move suggests it. When we bought Barry it was not as a defensive midfielder but rather an Alonso type of player who would spray the ball about and dictate the start of most of the forward moves and although he has made a promising start to his City career I haven't seen enough of that sort of thing to convince me that he is a player with enough class to lead us into Europe next season with ambitions to get to a minimum quater-final place which is about where I feel our expectations should be.

dw7 said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
If I rewrote history we'd have won them all and it would be 27 from 27. I can't rewrite it though. Neither can you.

no but someone can do something about the future by getting rid of hughes

Another fucking genius.......we tried 15/16 managers over the last 20 years already, be patient.

Brendan110_0 said:
dw7 said:
no but someone can do something about the future by getting rid of hughes

Another fucking genius.......we tried 15/16 managers over the last 20 years already, be patient.

Was you crying for patience under Sven by any chance?

skybluekings said:
With Lampard missing a late penalty, had he scored we would now be on 9 straight draws.
Yes, Its that close to being 9 points from 9 games.

So after the confidence building that came from the Arsenal and Chelsea games...why did we go to Bolton with 2 DMs?
Shouldn't we have a more attacking formation? Doesn't seem like a confident team when you start as defensive as we did.

After losing Bellamy, what took Hughes so long to make an attacking substitution. Replacing Kompany, who was having a awful game, should have been done much sooner.

Richards is starting to look on form again and Sylvinho was class. 2 DMs at 2nd from Bottom Bolton? I don't get it.

you can start iffing and butting all day for me, had we not been cheated in about 6 games this season we'd be top.

talk about scraping the barrell.

I've been mulling over why I've never taken to Hughes. I think the game yesterday made me realise why I have never warmed to the fella. His safety first approach to a highly winnable game yesterday gets to the heart of my problem with him. I know other people on here support his decision to drop Robinho for Bellamy, and to go with the extra insurance of Kompany ahead of Ireland, but my gut instinct is that this was a major missed opportunity. I want a manager to go for the jugular and I'm ready to get behind whichever manager has the bottle to do this. The penny is dropping with me that Hughes will choose the 'safe' option, and this is not my cup of tea. It's nothing personal and nothing to do with his 'rag' past. We've got two superb players like Ireland and Robinho sat on the bench against a poor Bolton side, and it frustrating the life out of me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.