Why after today has Mancini lost the fans?

I am 41, smoke 20 B&H and knock back an average of about 20 pints of Guinness a week. I have titanium rods, plates and screws holding my lower left leg together after suffering a nasty multiple and twice compounded fracture in a 50-50 I refused to pull out of in a works team training session.
And I still reckon that not only would I beat Kolarov in a race, but that I would still be one of the quicker players in the declining joke of an OAP home that is the once respected Serie A.
No more signings from this league, please. Yesterday's men. Germany and even Portugal have left them way behind.

So BM commented about Kolarov being good in midfield when he joined, yet when he play's him there he gets slaughtered by some for playing him out of position!

I think we just have to get behind BM and the team until the end of the season. The FA Cup and CL place are still achievable, as I was 2 when we won the league Cup I would class this as a successful season!

tbh im now sick to death of our slow pedestrian football,negative tactic,sideways or backward passing and the fact there seems no passion what so ever from anyone other then carlo,it looks like hes sucked the life an sole out of the players

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Chick Counterfly said:
Don't be morons all your lives; Kolarov had made quite an impact on the international stage, and his speed has always been part of his game. He looks slowish for us but that's easily explained by the fact that he has barely recovered from his nasty injury.

He's been back in the team since before Christmas, and yet he's "barely recovered"?

And even though he's "barely recovered", his injury is affecting his 'speed'? Surely that means he hasn't recovered then.

If I'm a "moron" I don't know what that makes you, then.

It's not hard to understand; he suffered a serious ankle injury. He's fit to play but may not have regained peak condition.

A moron in this context would be someone who convinced themselves that they could pass judgement over the speed a player displayed previous to an injury despite never having seen it for themself.

blueH1969 said:
tbh im now sick to death of our slow pedestrian football,negative tactic,sideways or backward passing and the fact there seems no passion what so ever from anyone other then carlo,it looks like hes sucked the life an sole out of the players

count%20dracula.jpg

Chick Counterfly said:
He's been back in the team since before Christmas, and yet he's "barely recovered"?

And even though he's "barely recovered", his injury is affecting his 'speed'? Surely that means he hasn't recovered then.

If I'm a "moron" I don't know what that makes you, then.

It's not hard to understand; he suffered a serious ankle injury. He's fit to play but may not have regained peak condition.

Peak condition is about overall fitness, rather than just speed. You can be below "peak condition" but still be able to run fast - just not for as long as you would if you were fitter.

You said he had "recovered", now you're backtracking by saying he hasn't reached "Peak condition" - despite the fact that he has been back for months.

Either his ankle has fully recovered or not. If it has, he should be able to run fast by now.

If it's not fully recovered - then he shouldn't be playing until it has. The fact than Mancini has been playing him for months shows his ankle is fine.

It will therefore allow him to run without hinderance. The fact that he's still as slow as Ken Barlow in a three-legged race shows he was never fast in the first place.

A moron in this context would be someone who convinced themselves that they could pass judgement over the speed a player displayed previous to an injury despite never having seen it for themself.

You are passing judgement on me - upon what evidence? Nothing. Mere assumption. For your information, I have seen him play before he joined us, and he wasn't a speed merchant then.

A moron in this context, therefore, is someone who posts a ridiculous insult, makes a claim, backtracks on said claim and then makes incorrect assumptions based on nothing but their preconceived opinion.

Non-sequiters galore.
Chick Counterfly said:

Peak condition is about overall fitness, rather than just speed. You can be below "peak condition" but still be able to run fast - just not for as long as you would if you were fitter.

You said he had "recovered", now you're backtracking by saying he hasn't reached "Peak condition" - despite the fact that he has been back for months.

Either his ankle has fully recovered or not. If it has, he should be able to run fast by now.

If it's not fully recovered - then he shouldn't be playing until it has. The fact than Mancini has been playing him for months shows his ankle is fine.

It will therefore allow him to run without hinderance. The fact that he's still as slow as Ken Barlow in a three-legged race shows he was never fast in the first place.

You are passing judgement on me - upon what evidence? Nothing. Mere assumption. For your information, I have seen him play before he joined us, and he wasn't a speed merchant then.

A moron in this context, therefore, is someone who posts a ridiculous insult, makes a claim, backtracks on said claim and then makes incorrect assumptions based on nothing but their preconceived opinion.

You can dress it up however you like but prior to the injury everyone considered him fast-ish, not just Mancini. Not Ashley Cole fast, but fast. Now they don't. He's lost pace since the injury. It happens, and can requires months of work to reverse. Explosive sprinting power has nothing to do with the ability to last 90 minutes. Indeed extensive stamina work reduces the amount and condition of fast-twitch muscles. My guess is that he lost this conditioning whilst injured for three months, and playing 90 minutes up and down twice a week is preventing him from recovering it. I would hope this is something that is adressed in pre-season.

I understand some of the fitness thing but his ability to defend also seems to have gone.
Hes standing off players too easily and not closing the space down when he has time to.
Would like him to come good but seems he needs a bit of bite in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.