Why after today has Mancini lost the fans?

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:
He spotted the weaknesses and he believes in the abilities of Kolarov & Boateng. These same two players - if we trawl back through the archives - were welcomed with open arms and quotes of "...good players these..." by plenty on here. First season they've had in the Premier League has been a tricky one to say the least, but fuck it, let's all give them the Edghill treatment because they don't immediately turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced cake.

Weak argument. What people on this forum thought about Kola and Boat has little relevance to whether or not they were in fact good enough. The comment about Edgehill is just pointless.
Top trolling, but I'm tired and grumpy so will bite.

1) The original argument was Mancini doesn't spot our weaknesses, with full back being pointed out as an example.

Mancini saw it and brought in Boateng & Kolarov

2) Boateng is not a full back.

Moot point, personally, I think he has done well there for Germany. He is happy to play there and there have been glimpses of him doing ok there for us at times this season. Happy to bow to Mancini's judgement on this.

3) The discussion then seamed to turn on the abilities of said two players.

Yes they could have played better, but I've seen enough to suggest they will be better next season. Happy to bow to Mancini's judgement again.

4) What people thought of them etc.

Merely pointing out the fickle nature of posters on this site. I still believe they are decent enough and will improve.

5) Edghill - pointless

Again, talking to the lack of faith in the abilities of these two expressed by many which I really hope does not turn into hounding those players.

Still, all about opinions. I've stated mine and will bow out gracefully.

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:
He spotted the weaknesses and he believes in the abilities of Kolarov & Boateng. These same two players - if we trawl back through the archives - were welcomed with open arms and quotes of "...good players these..." by plenty on here. First season they've had in the Premier League has been a tricky one to say the least, but fuck it, let's all give them the Edghill treatment because they don't immediately turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced cake.

Weak argument. What people on this forum thought about Kola and Boat has little relevance to whether or not they were in fact good enough. The comment about Edgehill is just pointless.

No, the comment on Edghill is 100% spot on. You can add Ian Bowyer, Nicky Summerbee, Micah and more likely than not Mario. When we last finished in the finished close, I remember QPR, Liverpool and Derby being disasters, but we had a team that been put together over nearly 7 years, there was no call fro Tony Book to go, nor the next season when we finished 4th. Then we sacked him and its been down hill ever since, until now. Kompany and De Jong were dropped by the last manager and Zabs also struggled to get a starting place. Mancini blooded more youth players last season than Hughes did in his entire tenure. If Mancini, was called Robert Mann, then there'd be no bleating to have him removed.

-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm --

strongbowholic said:
BillyShears said:
Top trolling, but I'm tired and grumpy so will bite.

1) The original argument was Mancini doesn't spot our weaknesses, with full back being pointed out as an example.

Mancini saw it and brought in Boateng & Kolarov

2) Boateng is not a full back.

Moot point, personally, I think he has done well there for Germany. He is happy to play there and there have been glimpses of him doing ok there for us at times this season. Happy to bow to Mancini's judgement on this.

3) The discussion then seamed to turn on the abilities of said two players.

Yes they could have played better, but I've seen enough to suggest they will be better next season. Happy to bow to Mancini's judgement again.

4) What people thought of them etc.

Merely pointing out the fickle nature of posters on this site. I still believe they are decent enough and will improve.

5) Edghill - pointless

Again, talking to the lack of faith in the abilities of these two expressed by many which I really hope does not turn into hounding those players.

Still, all about opinions. I've stated mine and will bow out gracefully.

Yet another who has retained his family jewels.

The basic tenet of both arguments seems to be "the manager's always right..."

If you believe that fair enough - there isn't much for us to discuss.

Regarding having bollocks - it's a bit laughable in my opinion to suggest that blindly agreeing with everything the manager does is having bollocks, or being happy with the way the season as panning out is having bollocks...

BillyShears said:

Regarding having bollocks - it's a bit laughable in my opinion to suggest that blindly agreeing with everything the manager does is having bollocks, or being happy with the way the season as panning out is having bollocks...
That's not the case at all. I am saying I am happy to bow to his judgement on this based on what I have seen from both players so far is all.

Right, definitely bowing out now! ;-)

strongbowholic said:
BillyShears said:

That's not the case at all. I am saying I am happy to bow to his judgement on this based on what I have seen from both players so far is all.

Right, definitely bowing out now! ;-)

No worries mate! Time will answer all our questions...

Soulboy said:
strongbowholic said:
So he spots a weakness at full back and addresses it by signing two widely tipped fullbacks who were being scouted by the likes of Milan etc, and whom most were pleased to be signing?

This has got to be Clarkie-bait, right?

Are you on a wind-up?

Boateng was always a centre half who filled in at right back... Kolarov might very well have been touted for Milan... but Premiership full backs are a different breed.

Saved me posting that, ta!

Point is, Mancini's £25M wonder fullbacks are no better than Zab and Richards - in fact Richards and Zab are actually better!

That's £25M down the pisser thanks to Mancini.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
Is Richards not our right back currently?

Is Kompany in the correct position? Are we happy with him there?

Was Boateng bought to address that position?

Again, and this is what I was answering, the thrust of the original argument was that Mancini did not spot the weakness at full back and did nothing to address it. I'm pointing out he did.

What - by signing two fullbacks who are worse than what we had already?!

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Soulboy said:
Are you on a wind-up?

Boateng was always a centre half who filled in at right back... Kolarov might very well have been touted for Milan... but Premiership full backs are a different breed.

Point is, Mancini's £25M wonder fullbacks are no better than Zab and Richards - in fact Richards and Zab are actually better!

That's £25M down the pisser thanks to Mancini.

-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm --

strongbowholic said:
Is Richards not our right back currently?

Is Kompany in the correct position? Are we happy with him there?

Was Boateng bought to address that position?

Again, and this is what I was answering, the thrust of the original argument was that Mancini did not spot the weakness at full back and did nothing to address it. I'm pointing out he did.

And you aren't going to give credit to Mancini for Richards return to form? And how about you give Boateng some tie before judging him. The likes of you wrote Lescott off last season.

Marvin said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:

That's £25M down the pisser thanks to Mancini.

-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm --

And you aren't going to give credit to Mancini for Richards return to form?

That's got nothing to do with the point I was making. He's better than Boeteng - who Mancini signed to replace him. Then he had to drop him because he wasn't good enough and put Micah in.

And how about you give Boateng some tie before judging him.

I'm judging him on this season's form - and at the moment he's not good enough. Maybe something to do with the fact that his best position is centre half and he's being played in a position that he's not as good at. Great thinking by Mancini!

The likes of you wrote Lescott off last season.

Please find a quote of mine which criticises Lescott. When you can't find one, you can then come back and apologize for making untrue allegations.

inchy14 said:
THIS ISNT HOW CITY PLAY! its not how we made our name.

No we made it by being the laughing stock of football with constant shooting ourselves in the foot by sacking managers and constantly being a yo-yo club..oh wait we should sack one with 8 games left ffs.

Spurs aren't playing well so why does everybody assume they'll beat us at home all of a sudden, with the 3 teams in front all still to play eachother we're still in with a shout of third maybe even second with a bit of luck. As somebody said earlier it's only 5 games away without a win and some of them were against the top 3 teams so it aint all that bad plus our home form is excellent.

EXACTLY MATE! Get the bandwagon rolling - we dont want our team to play this way. Id rather have lost to Chelsea 4-3 than the pathetic no show we witnessed yet again.......................

I stopped supporting him after losing 0-1 to Spuds

so important game
sooooo sooooo important

and we came with no passion and no motivation
Just after the game i said,this guy is shit. If City played in Seria A we would have been successful but it's BPL and you must play foocking attacking football with high tempo and big big motivation

playing for a point is shameful

shame on you Mancini
go to Seria A

bye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.