Why are Africans such poor footballers?

nashark said:
sinnerman said:
So what your really saying then is that the coaching is not as good in the developing nations of Africa than in Europe.

Hardly contraversial if you put it that way....

Well that could be one of the reasons, yes.

If that is the reason, then why are FIFA not spening uge amounts of money to correct that.

Have you asked them?

IFeedGoats said:
nashark said:
Well that could be one of the reasons, yes.

If that is the reason, then why are FIFA not spening uge amounts of money to correct that.

There are millions of people staving to death pumping millions of pounds in to footbal isn't going to go down too well is!

FIFA are hardly philanthropists.

nashark said:
Ronaldinho, Essien, Malouda, Benzema, Ribery, Drogaba, even Ben Arfa have had massive exposure in England before they were signed. My argument is that Sessegnon has not, that is why i am sceptical.

Eh?

The only difference between Sessegnon & Essien with regards to exposure is that Essien was a regular in the Champions League.

Sessegnon is much more technically gifted than most players in the Prem. Note we're only talking about technique right?

Oh but I agree with an earlier post of yours (I think it was deleted) where you stated that there are at most 5 world class African players.

Essien, Yaya, Abou Treika, Eto'o & Drogba. That's it.

Adebayor, Diarra, Kanoute, Muntari, Keita etc etc are very good players, but not quite world class.

I think the OP has touched a raw nerve with some of the more Political Correct on Here . He has put some Excellent points across & many posters have had a good sensible debate .It is a Pity then that some who have not got the nouse to get there points across play the Rasict card .We live in the Real World & Facts Tell there own Story

nashark said:
IFeedGoats said:
There are millions of people staving to death pumping millions of pounds in to footbal isn't going to go down too well is!

FIFA are hardly philanthropists.

What I meant was football isn't too important in the grand scheme of things over there.

nashark said:
Ronaldinho, Essien, Malouda, Benzema, Ribery, Drogaba, even Ben Arfa have had massive exposure in England before they were signed. My argument is that Sessegnon has not, that is why i am sceptical.

What garbage. Ronaldinho signed for Barca after the World Cup, before the World Cup he wasn't on the lips of anyone that didn't watch French football, or knew of him threw impact from Brasil.

Nashark, you don't watch different leagues, that much is obvious, and there is nothing wrong with that, but, it's like people in Spain, who didn't get Wayne Rooney, they didn't think he was that good, because they don't watch the Premier League and assumed like always England over-hype their players.

Unless you watch Ligue 1, you cannot call it a bad league, unless you watch a lot of African players, you cannot suggest they are poor footballers.

Forget reputation your basing your argument on assumptions. I bet you don't know the most skillful players right now in Serie A, Die Bundesliga, or Ligue 1, you probably think you do, the ones with a huge reputation, that play in the Champions League...

Arshavin wasn't a common name, but he mustn't be World Class, because his reputation wasn't sky high for instance.. It's bullshit, to make those judgements like that.

They SHOULD be better than other races due to their superior strength and speed (always bet on a black man in boxing or Olympic sprinting), this extra muscle mass makes them piss poor swimmers though.

I think it's an attitude thing and this must be ingrained in coaching methods.

zoffie said:
nashark said:

What garbage. Ronaldinho signed for Barca after the World Cup, before the World Cup he wasn't on the lips of anyone that didn't watch French football, or knew of him threw impact from Brasil.

Nashark, you don't watch different leagues, that much is obvious, and there is nothing wrong with that, but, it's like people in Spain, who didn't get Wayne Rooney, they didn't think he was that good, because they don't watch the Premier League and assumed like always England over-hype their players.

Unless you watch Ligue 1, you cannot call it a bad league, unless you watch a lot of African players, you cannot suggest they are poor footballers.

Forget reputation your basing your argument on assumptions. I bet you don't know the most skillful players right now in Serie A, Die Bundesliga, or Ligue 1, you probably think you do, the ones with a huge reputation, that play in the Champions League...

Arshavin wasn't a common name, but he mustn't be World Class, because his reputation wasn't sky high for instance.. It's bullshit, to make those judgements like that.

Do you live in England?
If so, how long for?

Even if we were to take it back down to the basics.

Take Nigeria and take England, in a technical sense, look for a compilation of those teams it'd be easy to see that Nigerians are more technical than the English, however, as City fans you know with Robinho's experience, technical players doesn't make you good enough to win games..

The Essiens and Gerrards of this world who are not Technical but can grab the game from the scruff of the neck is what all the big teams are looking for, and I understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.