Why are Africans such poor footballers?

smudgedj said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Ethiopians are generally regarded as being the best middle distance runners in the world because they live at altitude, if that was true, the Bolivians would blow them out of the water. The pseudo scientific bollocks you wrote, is another of those myths, wristy asian spinners in cricket is another.
I haven't laughed at a post as much as i have as yours for a long time. Do you understand the importance of fast and slow twitch fibres in muscles? That explanation you came out with regarding speed is unbelivable.
Also, what does "All other factors being the same" mean? Do you mean mentally the 8 sprinters in a final would be the same?

So training at altitude is pseudo scientific bollocks is it? Best you tell all the top long distance athletes they are wasting their time. Training at and living at altitude is scientifically proved. I also understand all about fast and slow twitch fibres.
We are talking all the other factors, heart and lung capacity, being at their peak in fitness levels.

Training at altitude can help, however, you never mentioned that. To remind you, your post was

"Well they are better at boxing due to greater bone and skin density, they can hit harder and get cut less, the same reason they make piss poor swimmers as these advantages mean they weigh more. The speed, in sprinting, is due to the fact the calf muscle attaches lower down and they get the power 'down' quicker. All other factors being the same."

Thats the pseudo scientific bollocks i am laughing at.

nashark said:
zoffie said:
Levets, what the fuck are you arguing about. Are you Algerian and begging Zidane.

I am British, born to Nigerian parents, I consider my self British, but, I also continue on with some Nigerian traditions and know that the blood flowing through my veins is all born out of West Africa.

Can you see how this means fuck all to this argument, I didn't learn how to play football in Nigeria, so, even if I was as good as Ronaldinho, it wouldn't mean shit, in defending African players technique, unless you take into account the genetic generalities that I discussed at the end of the last page.

Otherwise Adebayor is Nigerian. Rooney is Irish (perhaps)etc.. etc..

So does everyone agree it is not just the genetic dispositions which affect technical ability, it is also the standard of coaching?

Its the whole package but physical traits do impact sports people and even where they play - ever noticed that most of the central defenders certainly in the EPL tend to be Northern European or African;s - ever noticed that alot of the very creative midfield players tend to be Latin types.

However the biggest reason is that Africa dont produce as many World Class Players as say Europe or South Amercia is that alot of kids are more worried about finding food than kicking a football about hoping to be scouted.

It probably explains why Eskimos are shite footballers - dont know what excuse the Scots have though.

There are 4 African teams in the top 50 the rest being Europe or Central / Southern American when these teams start reaching the latter stages of the World Cup then we can say with some degree of certanty that they are producing the volume of talent and not a trickle of talent that is produced in Europe / America's.

zoffie said:
nashark said:
So does everyone agree it is not just the genetic dispositions which affect technical ability, it is also the standard of coaching?

Then we disagree.

No, you go to the Favellas of Brazil, and you find your coaching theory bullshitted on there.

Like I said, Nigerians and Algerians are 2 nations muuuch more skillful than England as a nation, and that goes for both Black/Asian etc British as well.

dctid said:
nashark said:

Its the whole package but physical traits do impact sports people and even where they play - ever noticed that most of the central defenders certainly in the EPL tend to be Northern European or African;s - ever noticed that alot of the very creative midfield players tend to be Latin types.

However the biggest reason is that Africa dont produce as many World Class Players as say Europe or South Amercia is that alot of kids are more worried about finding food than kicking a football about hoping to be scouted.

It probably explains why Eskimos are shite footballers - dont know what excuse the Scots have though.

There are 4 African teams in the top 50 the rest being Europe or Central / Southern American when these teams start reaching the latter stages of the World Cup then we can say with some degree of certanty that they are producing the volume of talent and not a trickle of talent that is produced in Europe / America's.

Bingo. I'm off to spend some time with y playboy bunnies and philosophers.

nashark said:
KenTheLandlord said:
What that role models and facilities are bigger indicators rather than mumbo jumbo theories provided by smudgedj? Thanks nashark. I hope you are being sarky, otherwise you haven't understood what i have written,

I think that you are saying there is no genetic effect on performance. I agree with you on the facilities having an effect.

This explains things a little easier.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.medsci.org/archives/athleticgene.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.medsci.org/archives/athleticgene.html</a>

I will leave the last word with Kip Keino.

Keino added that such biologically insupportable views are both insulting and racist by implicitly dismissing the effort, focus and determination of some athletes as nothing more than window-dressing for success they were born to easily achieve.

You take the average English footballer, and you take the average Nigerian or Algerian footballer, the one that is more likely to be skilled is the Africans.

No doubt, and I can say that having seen a lot of Algerian, English and Nigerian players.

Algeria will play England in the World cup, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were to get smashed 5-0 to England, but, if you were to have a contest on what both teams could do with the ball, in a technical sense.

It's a wrap. Algerians are skillful. Egypt has some skillful players. the Nigerians are declining in their output of skillful players, but still are more skilled in a technical sense than English players.

zoffie said:
You take the average English footballer, and you take the average Nigerian or Algerian footballer, the one that is more likely to be skilled is the Africans.

No doubt, and I can say that having seen a lot of Algerian, English and Nigerian players.

Algeria will play England in the World cup, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were to get smashed 5-0 to England, but, if you were to have a contest on what both teams could do with the ball, in a technical sense.

It's a wrap. Algerians are skillful. Egypt has some skillful players. the Nigerians are declining in their output of skillful players, but still are more skilled in a technical sense than English players.

Can you back any of that up? Where is the test for measuring skill. What you have said is unsupportable opinion. There is no evidence for anything there.

zoffie said:

Again when Africa starts producing teams that regularily finsh last 8 at the world cup you are righ t - this is not a debate about comparing English players with African players - the simple fact (for now at least and i hope this may change) is that the best African team is going to get beat consistently by either the best South Amercian or European teams - that is a simple fact - the FIFA rankings dont lie and in the most are failry accurate.

This is just PC crap.

You miss the point. England are a better football team than Algeria. England deserve to be higher in the FIFA rankings than Algeria.

We are talking about the technical skill of the players, thats what nashark is looking at.

None of the English players are as skillful as Mourhad Meghni.

Joe Cole is probably Englands most skillful player (maybe Rooney).
Joe Cole is not Englands best player, and there are plenty of better players than Mourhad Meghni in the English squad.

zoffie said:
You miss the point. England are a better football team than Algeria. England deserve to be higher in the FIFA rankings than Algeria.

We are talking about the technical skill of the players, thats what nashark is looking at.

None of the English players are as skillful as Mourhad Meghni.

Joe Cole is probably Englands most skillful player (maybe Rooney).
Joe Cole is not Englands best player, and there are plenty of better players than Mourhad Meghni in the English squad.

I understand yout point perfectly. However, as Mourhad Meghni is a French born, Brazilian coached player at Lazio, can you explain how you know Mourhad Meghni is better, skillfully than an English player? I know you think that, i am asking you to explain scientifically how you came to your conclusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.