Why are Africans such poor footballers?

smudgedj said:
TripleTaz said:
Yes but his parents are Algerian, therefore he is African, no European player has came close to his level.

So a black is born in Britain he's not British? He was born and brought up in France he is French. Don't even bother giving me the BNP argument of 'if a dog is born in a stable it's still a dog'

It is what Zinedine Zidane 'considered' himself to be... Like a lot of Pakistani kids in this country consider themselves to be 'Pakistani'.. not English. My neighbour whilst born here considers himself a Pakistani, not English. But thats another argument...

levets said:
smudgedj said:
HE was born in France say no more.

Like most of the Pakistani kids born in England consider themselves English? No, they consider themselves as Pakistani's born in England... Zidane is Algerian, played for France. Vieira is Senegalese, played for france.....

It matters not what they consider themselves; the fact clearly state if you are born in Britain you are British. My girlfriends parents were both born in Bolivia she was born in Brazil, is she Bolivian? No she is Brazilian with Bolivian parents.

So a black is born in Britain he's not British? He was born and brought up in France he is French. Don't even bother giving me the BNP argument of 'if a dog is born in a stable it's still a dog'

smudgedj said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Absolute shite. Look up Andrew Nesty and then explain why the Bolivians dont blow the Ethopians out of the water when it comes to running.
Most of it is about role models and availability of facilities.

I don't need to look it up and what the **** have Bolivians got to do with running? Is it the altitude? Is that what your getting at?

Ethiopians are generally regarded as being the best middle distance runners in the world because they live at altitude, if that was true, the Bolivians would blow them out of the water. The pseudo scientific bollocks you wrote, is another of those myths, wristy asian spinners in cricket is another.
I haven't laughed at a post as much as i have as yours for a long time. Do you understand the importance of fast and slow twitch fibres in muscles? That explanation you came out with regarding speed is unbelivable.
Also, what does "All other factors being the same" mean? Do you mean mentally the 8 sprinters in a final would be the same?

zoffie said:
Okay, being objective, thinking of genetics.

Black/African people tend to have bigger feet than European/Caucasian people.

Black/African people tend to be taller than European/Caucasian and South American people.

Taller/Stronger people tend to have slower feet, an are usually less technical, than smaller players who have a lower sense of gravity.

So maybe that is the answer you was looking for although, having watched African Nations like Nigeria and Algeria as much as, for instance England.

Both countries are far superior technically as compared to England, both countries are more skill orientated than England.

..and 9/10 both teams will lose to England.

You are joking, are you?

IFeedGoats said:
levets said:
NO... he is ALGERIAN.... Brought up in Marseille, but he is Algerian, he considers himself Algerian as his parents are Algerian.

Why does he play for France then.

He's retired now :-)... because he had dual nationality.... same reason that Owen Hargreaves plays for England.

KenTheLandlord said:
smudgedj said:
I don't need to look it up and what the **** have Bolivians got to do with running? Is it the altitude? Is that what your getting at?

Ethiopians are generally regarded as being the best middle distance runners in the world because they live at altitude, if that was true, the Bolivians would blow them out of the water. The pseudo scientific bollocks you wrote, is another of those myths, wristy asian spinners in cricket is another.
I haven't laughed at a post as much as i have as yours for a long time. Do you understand the importance of fast and slow twitch fibres in muscles? That explanation you came out with regarding speed is unbelivable.
Also, what does "All other factors being the same" mean? Do you mean mentally the 8 sprinters in a final would be the same?

Good post Ken, it sort of disproves your first theory.

Levets, what the fuck are you arguing about. Are you Algerian and begging Zidane.

I am British, born to Nigerian parents, I consider my self British, but, I also continue on with some Nigerian traditions and know that the blood flowing through my veins is all born out of West Africa.

Can you see how this means fuck all to this argument, I didn't learn how to play football in Nigeria, so, even if I was as good as Ronaldinho, it wouldn't mean shit, in defending African players technique, unless you take into account the genetic generalities that I discussed at the end of the last page.

Otherwise Adebayor is Nigerian. Rooney is Irish (perhaps)etc.. etc..

zoffie said:
Okay, being objective, thinking of genetics.

Black/African people tend to have bigger feet than European/Caucasian people.

Black/African people tend to be taller than European/Caucasian and South American people.

Taller/Stronger people tend to have slower feet, an are usually less technical, than smaller players who have a lower sense of gravity.

Can you back any of that up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.