Why are Africans such poor footballers?

nashark said:
MCfcBOB said:
I did.
But I'm referring to your comment just above mine (which I quoted, darling). You're saying that Essien is a world class footballer, and then you said he WASN'T a world class footballer when the ball is at his feet. He surely must be the only world class player I know who is shit with the ball at his feet. It makes no sense, darling.

You've managed to dig yourself an Essien-shaped hole and you can't get out, darling.

Please reread.
Now come on. I typed a big paragraph and you type two words? I'm offended! ;)
I'm sure you don't mean it the way people are taking it.

Bridge
<---------Water.

Ticket For Schalke said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yeah but i could name you 3000 poor english footballers and thats a little country not an entire continent

go on then, smart arse

Well to be fair i did say that but i wouldnt go to the hassle of writing them all down on this forum, take me like 4 weeks by time i posted it, no one would no what i going on about!!

nashark said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
i think he means ones that play for there african sides.

if you go threw the teams, only the cote have more than 1 good player in there sides. i can name at least 20 dreadful players.

Yeah. Sorry. I thought it would be pretty self-explanatory.

The question excludes players who emigrated when they were 10 and learned how to play football in Europe.
Oh my mistake now it's obvious you meant players who emigrated when they were 10 and learned how to play football in Europe. Can't believe I mis read it first time.
Well now that's cleared up I'm with you. All African players are rubbish(except the good ones)(and the ones who don't actually live in Africa any more)(and any who changed nationality)(and Roger Miller)

Could you explain to me why white men can't jump?

MCfcBOB said:
nashark said:
Please reread.
Now come on. I typed a big paragraph and you type two words? I'm offended! ;)
I'm sure you don't mean it the way people are taking it.

Bridge
<---------Water.

People are still a little sensitive talking about Africa. I should have realised that people still feel guilty even though the Empire has ended and Slavery was abolished around 1818 (not sure). I wonder if I would havegot tesame reaction if it was about North Americans. They same time is a great healer. Maybe not.

Re: Why are Africans such poor footballers? PLEASE READ THE OP.

nashark said:
nashark said:
There seems to be a trend. The majority of Africans are not good footballers.

NB: Footballer can be defined as having good feet, with a good first touch. Also, footballer is different from player. Player refers to the overall performance.

There are only a few exceptions. Drogba, Okocha and Kanu seem to be these. I can't really think of any more. Africans are predominantly big and fast, with average feet. The idea for the thread came after sheer despondency at the footballing ability of Kolo Toure, Salif Diao, Mamadou Sidibe and Adebayor to an extent (even though he is tall). Once again, why are Africans such poor footballers?

You have reposted the original post yet failed to change the bloody question!!

IMO African football thrives on letting the youthful talent gain experience, schooling (academy type) and a rounded game on the european circuit. Why? because it is where the money is, the biggest stars and the largest world audience. Coupled with the fact that most of the great clubs are european why not let scouts take their pick. You only have to watch tv to see that whenever sport relief is on.....kids wearing premiership, madrid or milan t-shirts. African football may be poor (as in league) but the national teams are good, made up of african footballers who can bloody play!

Dannyctid said:
nashark said:
Yeah. Sorry. I thought it would be pretty self-explanatory.

The question excludes players who emigrated when they were 10 and learned how to play football in Europe.
Oh my mistake now it's obvious you meant players who emigrated when they were 10 and learned how to play football in Europe. Can't believe I mis read it first time.
Well now that's cleared up I'm with you. All African players are rubbish(except the good ones)(and the ones who don't actually live in Africa any more)(and any who changed nationality)(and Roger Miller)

Could you explain to me why white men can't jump?

10 was just a ball park figure. I suspected that you realised players who play for France (national team) would not be classed as African (in footballing terms). When Vieira is playing for France do you remark what a great African midfielder he is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.