Why are city fans so quick to criticise!!??

AdamManCity

We were unlucky yesterday but we will lose games we hope to win and we have to take that on the chin and I think think it shows how far we've come that Arsenal is a game we expect to win. But what I want to say is that city fans always base players on their last game and then turn on players who didn't play so well.

Yesterday on bluemoon there were fans slagging off Boateng,Barry,Bridge and Milner. I think this criticism is unfair. Boateng has just joined the club at 21 years of age and has played 3 games for us and Richards(constantly slagged off on this forum) has 1 good game and suddenly he's better than a player who plays for a great Germany team. He clearly has what it takes to be a good fullback (this shown from his performances in the world cup and for us) and I think you'll find fullbacks usually take a while to adjust to the prem (just look at Evra, Zabaleta and Bosingwa.) Also when Kolarov is fit we will play a diamond formation imo which means our fullbacks will have to put balls in the box and I can assure you Richards can not cross and I'd go as far as saying Boateng has a better left foot than Richards has right. Anyway while he has all of the physical attributes a good fullback has I think he is struggling because he is not getting as much time on the ball as he did for germany and in the German league and as for the people who say he not agile enough to make runs down the right flank just go on the city website and watch the city vs valencia highlights and you have clearly not watched him play for Hamburg.

As for barry, yes he made a couple of mistakes yesterday but he didn't stop running and didn't play that badly. He has been one of our best players this season but people see he has a bad game in a difficult situation against the hardest midfield in the prem to defend against and they want him dropped for a player who played worse yesterday in Milner just because people hope he'll suddenly do great in Barry's position. I don't mean to have a dig at Milner at all it's just that I don't know where some fans are coming from when they want to drop one of our best players this year for a player unproven for us in the Centre. I do believe it is his best position however he is also a lot better on the wing than he appears to be so far for us, so this suggests to me that on current form he won't be much better in the centre than out wide and if he doesn't perform well there straight away people will start slagging him off.

I'm not going to go into detail but Bridge is a good left back nothing more nothing less. I think saying he has no passion is unfair, he just goes about his business, works hard and doesn't complain about lack of first team opportunities.

This is what I feel and what people were posting yesterday seemed to have very little substance they just needed something or someone to complain about.

AdamManCity said:
We were unlucky yesterday but we will lose games we hope to win and we have to take that on the chin and I think think it shows how far we've come that Arsenal is a game we expect to win. But what I want to say is that city fans always base players on their last game and then turn on players who didn't play so well.

Yesterday on bluemoon there were fans slagging off Boateng,Barry,Bridge and Milner. I think this criticism is unfair. Boateng has just joined the club at 21 years of age and has played 3 games for us and Richards(constantly slagged off on this forum) has 1 good game and suddenly he's better than a player who plays for a great Germany team. He clearly has what it takes to be a good fullback (this shown from his performances in the world cup and for us) and I think you'll find fullbacks usually take a while to adjust to the prem (just look at Evra, Zabaleta and Bosingwa.) Also when Kolarov is fit we will play a diamond formation imo which means our fullbacks will have to put balls in the box and I can assure you Richards can not cross and I'd go as far as saying Boateng has a better left foot than Richards has right. Anyway while he has all of the physical attributes a good fullback has I think he is struggling because he is not getting as much time on the ball as he did for germany and in the German league and as for the people who say he not agile enough to make runs down the right flank just go on the city website and watch the city vs valencia highlights and you have clearly not watched him play for Hamburg.

As for barry, yes he made a couple of mistakes yesterday but he didn't stop running and didn't play that badly. He has been one of our best players this season but people see he has a bad game in a difficult situation against the hardest midfield in the prem to defend against and they want him dropped for a player who played worse yesterday in Milner just because people hope he'll suddenly do great in Barry's position. I don't mean to have a dig at Milner at all it's just that I don't know where some fans are coming from when they want to drop one of our best players this year for a player unproven for us in the Centre. I do believe it is his best position however he is also a lot better on the wing than he appears to be so far for us, so this suggests to me that on current form he won't be much better in the centre than out wide and if he doesn't perform well there straight away people will start slagging him off.

I'm not going to go into detail but Bridge is a good left back nothing more nothing less. I think saying he has no passion is unfair, he just goes about his business, works hard and doesn't complain about lack of first team opportunities.

This is what I feel and what people were posting yesterday seemed to have very little substance they just needed something or someone to complain about.
A number are not City fans, whilst some just don't understand the game

good teams expect to win every game. City now regard themselves as one of the better teams so when they lose they are obviously going to ask why. It's only natural.

If we are going to lose I would rather watch a game like that one yesterday, our heads didn't drop, we give a good Arsenal side a run for there money, on another day we could have had a couple of goals. We will have these kind of days but as long as we keep the faith that result yesterday won't do us any harm if we learn from it.
Also 0-2 down we backed the lads and I didn't hear many moans, I think most fans saw a team trying hard until the end.

I dont like to come on here anymore because all it ever seems to be is negativity about city. Everyone has an opinion fair enough but you have to be consistent with an argument not get mancini out one week then mancini is god the next. Every time a result doesn't go our way people are straight on writing bridge is shit, richards is shit even the daft thread about dejong being crap just dismays me. Whilst I understand the frustration and comments yes bridge was dire yesterday and other occasions but why rant and criticise over and over. I go to as many games as i can, ive got a season card and the same there like blackburn people booing their team off the pitch at half time, come on wise up. LETS GET BEHIND OUR TEAM!!! we have been through worse days the future is looking up, we are going places our time will come.

Reading this thread makes me happy that there are some like minded City fans about this forum.

Great OP.

The majority of City fans have given a big 'well done' to the team in their posts and praised the fighting spirit of the players.

AdamManCity said:

Because alot of fans know fook all about football

They expect City to win every game because we have spunked shed loads of money

I still think we are someway off and the best we can hope for is 4th - probably get slated for that but i thinked based upon what i have seen todaye i think i am there or there abouts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.