Why are Liverpool fans always praised for being "sporting"

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
They've (well a few did) just applauded a badly injured Utrecht player off the pitch, its not as if that doesn't happen anywhere else.

I'm sure many of us older blues know how bloody untrue it is, as will a number of the older Juve supporters I guess.

It really hacks me off that they are forever lauded as such nice supporters, its gone on for years, when the truth was somewhat different in the 80's/90's, when they bricked every coach coming into town, and stood outside the away end slashing fans with stanley knives as they left.

Stanley Park was aptly named back then, but their support has always been seen in the same "sporting" light, largely because the kop used to applaud the opposing keeper.

pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
Because they were once great I guess.

I don't ever remember their supporters being great, the club was yes, but both Liverpool clubs share one thing, and that's a significant element that were thugs, and from a young age too

These days a significant number of Liverpool's support is the daytripper variety.

It just annoyed me when the Five commentator came out with the old cliche, he's clearly never supported another club at Anfield.

An abiding image I have from TV is of the Heysel match where a Juve fan had jumped onto the running track and was giving it large with some pointy implement and with the most unerring aim, another ticket holder, a Dipper, I suppose, launched half a house brick straight on the back of his head. Poor sod never saw it coming! That's the view I have of Liverpool fans.

cleavers said:
pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:

I don't ever remember their supporters being great, the club was yes, but both Liverpool clubs share one thing, and that's a significant element that were thugs, and from a young age too

These days a significant number of Liverpool's support is the daytripper variety.

It just annoyed me when the Five commentator came out with the old cliche, he's clearly never supported another club at Anfield.

City and United also had/have a certain number of horrible cnuts supporting them.

cleavers said:
pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:

Great team/club = Great fans to some of the media. I for one am sick of how they always piss and cry about Hillsborough like they had nothing to do with it.

Other clubs have had tragedies but don't milk them as much as Liverpool .....and the rags.

pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
cleavers said:

Great team/club = Great fans to some of the media. I for one am sick of how they always piss and cry about Hillsborough like they had nothing to do with it.

Other clubs have had tragedies but don't milk them as much as Liverpool .....and the rags.

Although they do milk it more than say bradford or rangers, its a good job they did otherwise we would still be watching football behind bars, so in the end their moaning came good imo

Speaking of the Dippers, did anyone just watch that masterclass of wank against FC Utrecht? Like two pub teams, a simply awful game devoid of any quality whatsoever. Utrecht are a much worse team than Salzburg and Liverpool couldn't beat them (0-0).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.