Why are most (none old-guard) opposing teams and fans so gullible?

Try to answer this as honestly as you can.

If our guy had bought Everton, as he was rumoured to be considering. And our fortunes had been identically reversed ever since then, what do you reckon you’d think of Everton round about now?
1000000000000000%

Like any situation you only hear the voice of those that complain.
People who are not arsed or happy don't pipe up, been on many an away and spoken to the home fans only once have I heard anyone come out with the oil club bollocks, the mority say we deserve it and wish ot was them.

social media fans views are pretty worthless

All the things people are saying on here are true… WE know there is a bullshit, hypocritical and biased agenda at work here from the red shirts et al.

Question is if you’re a fan of a mid-bottom pack PL team or lower down the pyramid - and have a bit of an axe to grind - are you necessarily going to spend time educating yourself about the intricacies here or just follow the narrative?

Which isn’t to say all think like this as I hear a lot of open admiration for City too - especially from lower leagues but noticeably from fans abroad.

Agenda or no, we are top dogs now and that attracts the negative as well as positive. For me at least - I try to remind myself to have a bit of a thicker skin/rise above all the negative energy directed our way and just enjoy what we have while it lasts. We certainly went through enough to get here Blues.

That's all I ever get, "City cheated spending money they haven't got" "So Sheik Mansour is spending money he hasn't got?" "you're at it and everybody knows you are" " How exactly?" " You just are, its common Knowledge"
That's the problem in a nutshell..most of these idiots haven't got a clue.
They read crap in the media and on twitter etc and take it as fact without actually trying to find out what exactly we are charged with and they believe we are guilty without any proof.
As soon as you challenge them as too what we have supposedly done wrong they have no retort except to say everyone knows you are guilty ..
Lynch Mob mentality..no trial no proof just hang us.

Besides the obvious jealousy that it's us and not them, I think a lot has to do with how media has become a clickbait society. People won't read the full story on most occasions and just form their opinion from the headlines which don't always correlate to whatever message the article is trying to say. Then you also get the condensed form on social media with places like X (formerly twitter) which limit the number of characters you can have in one post so instead of explaining why they think something then users just post a quick soundbite instead. Add to this the fact that the media is infested with the old 'istree pundits from the formerly successful clubs then the narrative is set against those that have broken that monopoly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.