Why are we always so poor against Klopp’s Liverpool?

Between your ears? I also remember you saying “well we haven’t won anything under this big spender yet”, how did that work out for you?
May I ask who you’d employ as our manager?

Oh an insult - John Coleman would do better, more adaptable and a better tactician. Pelegrini got 3 trophies in 3 seasons and a URUC semi - we'll see if Stone Island can match him.

Pep didnt learn anything from the 3-4 defeat , we played exactly the same and the Dippers played exactly the same , we all know what a clever manger Pep is , but this was like groundhog day , Klopp knew Pep wouldnt change his tactics , Pep got it drastically wrong tonight and he needs a plan B for next weeks game.

I’ll tell you what, it’d be interesting to see what Klopp could achieve with truly world class players. I can’t fathom how a midfield of Ox, Milner and Henderson could completely nullify our midfield of Silva KDB and Dinho. How does that make sense?

They want it more.
We play teams that try to press us most weeks but the exception is that Klopps players are fitter, more intelligent and better than the rest. We also carry a few who don't relish a fight.
Milner, Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain were their midfield. If that was picked by Southgate there’d be an absolute outcry. What actually happened was, we played poorly and defended like muppets for 45 minutes. It’s no more complex than that.

I’ll tell you what, it’d be interesting to see what Klopp could achieve with truly world class players. I can’t fathom how a midfield of Ox, Milner and Henderson could completely nullify our midfield of Silva KDB and Dinho. How does that make sense?

Hed just have them all legging it about for 45 mins til their legs fell off then they'd lose 3 games to the likes of West Brom.

It's because they by pass it. Klopp teams are excellent at only using the physical and mental aspects of a midfield and does so to nullify any technical disdvantage his side has. By playing direct into the channels or half spaces, or by playing long to Firmino, the midfield make runs off the ball receiver. Because the players are running forward at this point, they have a greater chance of winning the second ball. Winning the second ball is one of the biggest contributing factors (after scoring a goal obviously) to creating the type of atmosphere which creates momentum. Even if they lose the second ball, they are in a position to press.

Firmino, Salah and Mane all have excellent first touches, tremendous movement, are all fast and are all good in the air (for their size) so are consistently able to impact the initial forward pass.

This way of playing became so popular in Germany a few seasons ago that I read articles summising teams might actually start intentionally giving the ball away in the final third just so they can start a counter press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.