Why are we being linked with mid level signings?

TGR said:
I think we can do better than Benteke.
However, that in no way means I agree with Billy Shears! That has never happend and in all probability never will!

And I think Billy will agree with me on that! ;-)

It's touching that you like to name check me at least once a day mate, but I think it's best if you give it a rest now. Think we've all pretty much got the gist of where you stand on me as a poster!

citizens_1976 said:
BillyShears said:
citizens_1976 said:
Exactly. They won the league at a canter and they did not even have a midfield last season. This is why we need to bring in QUALITY and not quantity. Negredo is just another Javi Garcia signing. Make up the numbers type of player. Fuck him off and aim higher.

It's hard to take you seriously when you're saying Negredo is shit and extolling the virtues of Jovetic and Benteke. I've watched Jovetic play enough in the last two years to say comfortably whoever signs him will have had their fucking pants down because he just isn't all that. As for Benteke, well with respect, Negredo is 10x the player Benteke is. D'you remember Amir Zaki? For Benteke see him.

Ultimately though we've employed Txiki and Pellegrini to make these calls so rather than crying about them and trying to equate this summer to last summer when we had a completely different set of problems and people dealing with the problems last summer, you should be a little more circumspect in your panic.

I know I'll take this for saying this but it absolutely astounds me that for the last 12 months this forum bent over itself to excuse the Italian, yet he's gone and suddenly everyone at the club is either incompetent or on some sort of trial basis with Bluemooners decrying "the jury's out!".

Your judging Jovetic off his goal ratio and a striker, but he is much more than that. I guarentee that your basing your judgement off that ONE england game and even then i thought he was the best player on the pitch. If you think Negredo is a better player than Negredo then you are UTTERLY deluded. Jovetic is a very clever footballer with an amazing first touch. He brings players into games, has excellent movement, can beat players, has a good range of passing and scores goals, whats not to like? He is a highly technical footballer just like Silva, Aguero and Nasri.

Ok... so you say Negredo is better than Benteke yes... on what basis is he better?

Tell me what attributes Negredo has over Benteke... I will tell you my thoughts.

Pace= Benteke
Aerial= Benteke
first touch= Benteke
better two feet= Benteke
Better technical footballer= Benteke
Better passer= Benteke
Physically stronger= Benteke
younger and more potential= Benteke

I honestly cannot pick a attribute relevant to their roles where Negredo is better than him. He is slow and is not very mobile, Benteke on the other hand is mobile.

As for Zaki, well... he did not have the attributes Benteke possesses and could not do it over a full season, Benteke did and i fully believe will keep on improving.

Benteke has played against premier league centre backs and has had them for breakfast, Negredo would need more time to settle. Not worth the risk at all.

Pace= Benteke
Aerial= Even
first touch= Negredo
better two feet= Negredo
Better technical footballer= Negredo
Better passer= Negredo
Physically stronger= Benteke
younger and more potential= Benteke
Goalscoring = Negredo
Experience = Negredo
Proven at a top level = Negredo
Premier League proven = Benteke
Price = Negredo

BillyShears said:
TGR said:
However, that in no way means I agree with Billy Shears! That has never happend and in all probability never will!

It's touching that you like to name check me at least once a day mate, but I think it's best if you give it a rest now. Think we've all pretty much got the gist of where you stand on me as a poster!

Think you may just have spurned the olive branch............

Davs 19 said:
BillyShears said:
TGR said:

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek also ... :)

BillyShears said:
Davs 19 said:
BillyShears said:

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek also ... :)

Fair play .........

Davs 19 said:
BillyShears said:
TGR said:

Correct!

mancmackem said:
hgblue said:
Ironically, the people calling fellow blues complete arseholes because they see things differently, are usually the complete arseholes in my experience.

Nah, Pigeonho is dreamy. Leave him alone!

WTF ???
Last word I'd have used

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.