Why deJong needs to be benched!

Dancini said:
Mattyc55 said:
Whilst I agree with several of your points and it's a decent post, referring to Scholes as a defensive midfielder is possibly one of the worst comments ive read on here, and is an injustice (albeit a dirty git) to probably the best English FOOTBALLER of his generation. The guy has been pure genius.

The positions he adopts are almost identical to De Jong for the most part, as he has aged and his legs have gone he has moved into a much deeper role.

Other than last night (against weaker opposition), Scholes has only played in a United midfield when they set up with the 4-5-1 formation that enables him to get his foot on the ball and create, whilst Carrick and Fletcher do the legwork that he is now uncapable of doing for obvious reasons. Scholes has and never will be ANYTHING like De Jong whatsoever, whilst he might now find himself as a deeper lying creative midfielder, you're both clearly confusing the likes of Scholes, Alsono's and Huddlestone's of this world with the likes of De Jong when in fact theyre nothing like them.

Dancini said:
Mattyc55 said:
Whilst I agree with several of your points and it's a decent post, referring to Scholes as a defensive midfielder is possibly one of the worst comments ive read on here, and is an injustice (albeit a dirty git) to probably the best English FOOTBALLER of his generation. The guy has been pure genius.

The positions he adopts are almost identical to De Jong for the most part, as he has aged and his legs have gone he has moved into a much deeper role.

Exactly. I'm not suggesting Scholes is a natural DM, or that he's played his entire career there, but for th past few seasons he's sat deep and looked to initiate play from inside the centre circle.

Excuse the Americanism but do DeJong doesn't have enough in the 'locker' for where City want to go. Fair enough, he can break up attacks (sometimes) but that's all he has in the way of team play. The guy takes no responsibility within the game. He'll pass the ball three yards sideways rather than make a forward pass. Yeah, he'll put in the effort but it's like watching a cat chase after a piece of string. He's not the catalyst for City's deteriorating forward play but he's definitely a massive factor. He's to slow/weak thinking when going forward. We will settle down soon has a team and tighten up everywhere but he's not good enough to help push us forward.

He's got a shit beard too.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
bigmalsfedora said:
absoloute shit take de jong out off that midfield it would get bullied tits

Yep he did a great job on Bullard and Fellanni!!!

Bullard, yeah I'll give you that.

Fellaini was playing DM that day so how was NDJ up against him, surely that would have fallen on gaz baz or even tevez or robinho or whoever it was who played in the centre forward/ attacking mid role

I disagree. a defensive midfielder like De Jong is essential if we dont want to leak goals like under Hughes. He could get more to his game ofcourse but he's probably the most important player in the midfield under Mancinis system. If we are to drop any midfielder for a few games it would be Barry, and even then, if that happens in 3 weeks time I guarantee you this forum will be demanding him back in the line up.

De Jongs role is not, and never has been to help the attack, its to give the ball to someone else (wing, full backs, centre midfield) to do that for him, just as its not an attacking players job to fit into defender as soon as the defender is out of position. He's also there to break up the attacks, disrupt them, put their midfield under pressure and hope theyll scuff a pass, hassle them, not to storm the midfield and score like Mascherano did against Chelsea yonks ago. Those things are one offs. As Zabaleta said in an interview when he was playing midfield for us; the first thing on my mind is to defend.

Schoolboy stuff lads! The problem is not De Jong, the problem is playing Barry too defensively, he's a top class player whos good at defending and attacking.

GStar said:
Looks like we really are going to match Stoke, Kompany with the height and presence in DM instead.

I think we should play to our strengths as opposed to compensating to thiers.

Its just tactics mate, Nigel is a great player but he does get bypassed when clogger teams hoff it high as he's only a short arse. Against any team that actually plays football our Nigel is a must to start those games. Look at the match tonight (only the first half up to now) when ever those 6 fingered cunts have got the ball its straight up in the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.