Why deJong needs to be benched!

I dont understand why we would drop our best midfeilder? Nobody else has showed the commitment and passion that de jong has week in week out. Only really de jong and kompany for me that match that. What i think is going wrong persoinally is no movement up top. Look at our results when adebayor was away at the african cup of nations. We were playin better then. Adebayor just dosent do enough for me. Lescott and Kompany would have to be the back 2 for me aswell. Toure just hasnt been good enough, Hes not commanding in the air unlike lescott and Kompany. And Petrov should be kicked out the door in the summer. Hes absoloutely shocking. Greedy no effort and is too much of an ego.

Why dont we drop Tevez whilst we're at it?

I hope de Jong slide tackles you when you least expect it.

Not sure about the Toure bit but I can go along with the De Jong theory.

For me, given the players we have got, having Barry and De Jong together slows everything down. Neither can switch the ball with pace, neither can move it incisively in a forward direction, nor actually run that way themselves.

De Jong has been largely outstanding at home, he's been a liability in most of our away games.

He does stand out more than Barry but it's a team game. Given our lack of guile and strength going forward, de Jong is not really the man for me. Barry can do his job with, admittedly, less aggression but with a smidge more distribution.

If we had two box to box midfielders, say Lampard and Gerrard alongside them, either de Jong or Barry would provide the perfect foil. They would both look excellent in Chelsea's side.

As long as these two play together, we will continue to struggle going forward because the play gets slowed down far too much and the counter attacking speed is lost. It's no coincidence that we won our first four games and de Jong started in none of them.

avoidconfusion said:
I agree actually but for other reasons. Hear me out.

Against stoke our midfield will most likely be surpassed by their long ball game anyway so De Jong will be rather inefficient because the ball will be in the air a lot and let's face it he is not very tall.

I would like to see how Kolo would do as a DMF because he would also give us height and he is more creative and a better passer of the ball whilst at the same time tackling is one of his strength too.

I've actually though the same thing for the same reason when we've played other lump it high clogger teams.

DD said:

For me, given the players we have got, having Barry and De Jong together slows everything down. Neither can switch the ball with pace, neither can move it incisively in a forward direction, nor actually run that way themselves.

De Jong has been largely outstanding at home, he's been a liability in most of our away games.

He does stand out more than Barry but it's a team game. Given our lack of guile and strength going forward, de Jong is not really the man for me. Barry can do his job with, admittedly, less aggression but with a smidge more distribution.

If we had two box to box midfielders, say Lampard and Gerrard alongside them, either de Jong or Barry would provide the perfect foil. They would both look excellent in Chelsea's side.

As long as these two play together, we will continue to struggle going forward because the play gets slowed down far too much and the counter attacking speed is lost. It's no coincidence that we won our first four games and de Jong started in none of them.

i dont think this de jong hate brigade will accept anything until he gets dropped and we struggle. Why not push Barry up and make him do what he was famous for at Villa?

-----------------De Jong------------------
--------Ireland-------------Barry----------

would look alot better than

----------de Jong-------Barry------------
-----------------Ireland-----------------

Just an example but i think it would be more effective

Blue>Red said:
DD said:

i dont think this de jong hate brigade will accept anything until he gets dropped and we struggle. Why not push Barry up and make him do what he was famous for at Villa?

It's not a "hate" brigade, it's just a feeling that we don't have the players around him to make his style of play as effective as it could be.

If you have a player of his type in the side, you need two strong, forward minded midfielders either side of him. We haven't. If we get them in the summer then he will be a much better assett.

We have to make the most of what players we have and, at the moment, the presence of both just slows us down and limits us on a huge scale as an attacking unit.

Barry can do De Jong's work but distribute it better. Rather than play them both we need more pace, guile and speed of thought alongside one of them.

Fair point but i still think De Jong reads the game better and is better at breaking things up, so he would be my choice for DM, whereas an attacking midfielder will be the playmaker

Blue>Red said:

Hold your horses fella suggesting a tactical change doesn't mean anyone hates our Nigel. In fact personally i think he's one of the best players at the club at times though we could do with dropping him for the sake of the team to other us somthing different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.