Why did the Sheikh choose us

i was told it was because the Eagle in our badge is an Arab eagle,and features in several flags of Arab nations,obviously hopefully making us popular in arab countries

His dad took him to York away...He vowed that he would never ever want to watch us play that shit again, so when he had scraped together enough money to change us, he realised his dream.

journolud said:
I know this has probably been discussed before but I never took any notice. I've been asked by a Spurs fan I work with, with no hint of envy in his voice, why the sheikh chose to invest in us and not say Spurs, Newcastle, Everton or any other sleeping giant you can think of. I thought it might have been Shinawatra's connections but didn't know for sure.So, what's the story?

although he didn't know it at the time he was born blue. we all are.

The numbers made sense and everything around the club as well, but the most important thing and what convinced them to choose us was without the doubt the fans, and how they stuck with the club through all the times and how passionate they were about man city.

This was all the talk by khaldoon and co over here in UAE, they kept emphasizing the fans and how nothing in history could come between the fans and the club no matter the circumstances

Falastur said:
The stories as they piece together seem to be that the good Sheikh was looking for an English team to invest in and he wanted one which was not a top team, but had potential. On the checklist were a number of things they ideally wanted - a strong tradition of support, preferably a "sleeping giant" club not fulfilling its potential, with a good stadium which could be expanded, available at a sensible price. I'm not sure how many clubs Mansour and Khaldoon looked although Newcastle and Everton get mentioned a lot. I think Garry Cook has said in interviews that the Sheikh had just rejected one club when one of his contacts (or something) made him aware of their interest and he immediately leaped at the chance, and made an approach to the Sheikh himself. He was asked to make a presentation for them (in the interview he said that he still keeps the powerpoint file he used as a keepsake), and his presentation entirely won over the delegation and from that moment on it was history.

I believe this to be a close assimilation of the truth.
We have a LOT to thank Garry Cooke for, but people seem to focus on the sillier things he may have done or said.
The man was a business genius, like him or loathe him I would put a hell of a lot of the credit his way for our rise and rise.
I was sorry to see him go, bit unfortunately it became inevitable towards the end due to his outspoken nature. (Which kind of made him more likeable for me. A bit more human than the other (card)board members

ironically for the thing hes now removing from the club , loyal working class fans who stuck with the club through the dark times , happily replacing them with tourists now who will pay £60 a ticket and another £100 in the club shop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.